By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Symmetric VS. Asymmetric Sticks: the final battle

asymmetrical for me now, just because Wii U, but I still love my PS3

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
I would wait until a sample of 10000 gamers are studied to show overall which they would prefer more before jumping to conclusions which is better.

Well which one do you personally prefer?

EricFabian said:

Wii U is symmetrical.

Time after time we hear people bragging about two specific controllers. X360 and Gamecube. Now tell me, what do these two have in common?  Of course these are opinions but it isnt a secret that these controllers have been praised time after time and also have been dubbed as the best controllers of all time.

JoeTheBro said:
fatslob-:O said:
I would wait until a sample of 10000 gamers are studied to show overall which they would prefer more before jumping to conclusions which is better.

Well which one do you personally prefer?

Symmetrical.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:

Time after time we hear people bragging about two specific controllers. X360 and Gamecube. Now tell me, what do these two have in common?  Of course these are opinions but it isnt a secret that these controllers have been praised time after time and also have been dubbed as the best controllers of all time.

Big ass buttons.

Gamecube does it better though. A button has that point of familiarity. IFI had to modify it I'd make the back buttons less springy (still keep em analog triggers) and swith the X butto to the Y button position.

asymmetrical for me, I've yet to use the wii pro controller, but with the xbox controller it keeps my hands at thumbs at a comfortable distance. Been using psx pads for years, great pads, but I got big hands and using small controllers with games that require dual sticks to be used it feels like I got my hands crammed together. Also the asymmetrical layout feels natural to me, having the main stick opposite to the face buttons feels good.

JoeTheBro said:
EricFabian said:

Wii U is symmetrical.

oh sorry. Only now I read the op lol. So symmetrical for me

BUT GameCube Controller >>>>>>>>>>> ALL

Click HERE and be happy 

OP updated with a list of your answers. Let me know if I misinterpreted you or made any other mistakes.

Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:

Big ass buttons.

Gamecube does it better though. A button has that point of familiarity. IFI had to modify it I'd make the back buttons less springy (still keep em analog triggers) and swith the X butto to the Y button position.

I would disagree.  X360 was a better overall design with evened out spacing with the face buttons, Start, Back, RB, and LB.  Also having real triggers defeated the purpose of press in triggers (PS3 learned from this having to add accessories to make triggers for DS3).  Then the thumb sticks which are even in size with indented grooves compared to the right analog stick being uncomftorable for shooters for GC and no indentation for the left thumb stick.  However Dpad beats the disc for X360.

As i said, X360 had the better overall design but my original statement holds up as them two consistenently being dubbed as the best all time controllers.