By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Symmetric VS. Asymmetric Sticks: the final battle

Mmmfishtacos said:
JayWood2010 said:

Right that's why there’s a battle every time a thread is brought up about it... I guess you weren’t hanging out on the internet from 2006-8 was a very hard time to have a voice then. This is where most the nonsense came from. Personally in real life I don't know anyone the actually likes the 360 controller better, and all my friends owned a 360 because we are gamers first and that was the first system out. The internet can be very deceiving. 

Yes, there is always some kind of an explanation with you of course.  Dont quote me anymore and stop wasting my time.  Regardless of what you say those complaints are out there in great numbers (common complaints).

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
JayWood2010 said:

Right that's why there’s a battle every time a thread is brought up about it... I guess you weren’t hanging out on the internet from 2006-8 was a very hard time to have a voice then. This is where most the nonsense came from. Personally in real life I don't know anyone the actually likes the 360 controller better, and all my friends owned a 360 because we are gamers first and that was the first system out. The internet can be very deceiving. 

Yes, there is always some kind of an explanation with you of course.  Dont quote me anymore and stop wasting my time.  Regardless of what you say those complaints are out there in great numbers (common complaints).

And there are common compalints about the 360 controllers. Do try to hide your emotions.

Mmmfishtacos said:

And there are common compalints about the 360 controllers. Do try to hide your emotions

Seems ive addressed this multiple times with you actually.  Sorry, but im not going to hide them with excuses as you do.

Common Complaint with X360 controller lies with Dpad and gets praised as an overall controller
Common Complaint with DS3 is the controller its self but gets praised for its dpad.

JayWood2010 said:
Mmmfishtacos said:

And there are common compalints about the 360 controllers. Do try to hide your emotions

Seems ive addressed this multiple times with you actually.  Sorry, but im not going to hide them with excuses as you do.

Common Complaint with X360 controller lies with Dpad and gets praised as an overall controller
Common Complaint with DS3 is the controller its self but gets praised for its dpad.

Layout, D pad, buttons, L1 and R1 bumpers. Rechargeable batteries. Sticks with a smaller dead zone and more accurate ( specs prove this ). 

But believe what you will, Whenever a discussion is brought up about the best of all time, PS controller will always been in the conversation. 

*Eats popcorn while Jay and Rise fight*

Around the Network
Mmmfishtacos said:

Layout, D pad, buttons, L1 and R1 bumpers. Rechargeable batteries. Sticks with a smaller dead zone and more accurate ( specs prove this ). 

lol so now we are making up common complaints to fit our agenda?  xD

I would love for you to show me these ton of complaing about bumpers, sticks, and layout lol

JayWood2010 said:
Mmmfishtacos said:

No those where pros for the ps3 controller. 

Aysmmetric. Just my personal opinion.

Aside from the obvious reason some might prefer one over the other (console warz), I think other big factors include the size of your hands and the genres you play. I play a lot of sports, shooters, and racing games, and have bigger than average hands, so symmetric doesn't work for me.

Mmmfishtacos said:
JayWood2010 said:
Mmmfishtacos said:

No those where pros for the ps3 controller. 

Oh ok, makes sense then.  Never said DS3 didnt have perks did I?  Though ive nver Heard the sticks or L1 and R1 getting praised.

Not sure why you are being so defensive over this.  I said it had many common complaints which it does. 

hmm me I'm gonna throw a curve ball my favorite would be symmetric but like the left XB pad stick.... because it is not whether it is the correct way or not.... this the most natural orientation of the thumb....

the right stick on the xb pad is bit off... but still better than the DS... so overall the XB sticks are 75% perfect even though asymmetric... while the DS is 50% perfect because symmetric but just completely unnaturally placed...