By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Symmetric VS. Asymmetric Sticks: the final battle

JayWood2010 said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
JayWood2010 said:

So it isn't a common complaint that the 360 D pad is crap? Quite possible the worst one ever in the history of gaming. Or the batter compartment gets in the way. Or that it has battery compartment at all? Or the thumb stick placement isn't right? Or any other number of things that the opposite side might find wrong with it? 

The d pad alone is enough to knock it out of the running for any change it ever had at being considered the best.

Yeah the only complaint i ever hear is the Dpad and xbox fans dont sit there and lie about it either.  It also hasnt stopped both Nintendo and Sony from becoming more like the X360 controller this gen. Dont over exagerate about every little thing ok?

I'll give you the r2 and l2 buttons but thats about it. I still like the convex sticks better beilve it or not and is the one thing i'm a little worried about on the ps4 controller. 

Around the Network
Mmmfishtacos said:
JayWood2010 said:

I'll give you the r2 and l2 buttons but thats about it. I still like the convex sticks better beilve it or not and is the one thing i'm a little worried about on the ps4 controller. 

And im glad you have an opinion, but dont lie about things either or over exagerate them.

JayWood2010 said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
JayWood2010 said:

So it isn't a common complaint that the 360 D pad is crap? Quite possible the worst one ever in the history of gaming. Or the batter compartment gets in the way. Or that it has battery compartment at all? Or the thumb stick placement isn't right? Or any other number of things that the opposite side might find wrong with it? 

The d pad alone is enough to knock it out of the running for any change it ever had at being considered the best.

Yeah the only complaint i ever hear is the Dpad and xbox fans dont sit there and lie about it either.  It also hasnt stopped both Nintendo and Sony from becoming more like the X360 controller this gen. Dont over exagerate about every little thing ok?

If you want some pretty good evidence on what's wrong with a controller, just look at what's changed in the successor. For the 360 the main ones are the d-pad and the battery compartment. The rest of the controller is practically the same. For DS3 it's changed a lot.

Also how has Sony became more like the 360 controller? Only thing really is the triggers and sticks not being fully concave anymore.

JayWood2010 said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
JayWood2010 said:

And im glad you have an opinion, but dont lie about things either or over exagerate them.

Really? what am i lieing about?

Mmmfishtacos said:
JayWood2010 said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
JayWood2010 said:

The complaints about the PS3 controller.  It certainly isnt a very praised controller.  Yeah some people like it but there has been numerous complaints over the years about it and how people wanted it to change.

We have had this conversation before a while back and I get that you like sony but still it is important to be honest and not let your emotions take over.

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
JayWood2010 said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
JayWood2010 said:

If you want some pretty good evidence on what's wrong with a controller, just look at what's changed in the successor. For the 360 the main one are the d-pad and the battery compartment. The rest of the controller is practically the same.

Also how has Sony became more like the 360 controller? Only thing really is the triggers and sticks not being fully concave anymore.

As stated before people will admit the dpad needed improvement but the overall design and feel has been praised from the beginning.  This is why other companies are taking notice with the shape, the arch, the triggers, etc.  Honestly people would have been upset if they changed one of the most praised controllers too much.  I included.

JayWood2010 said:
JoeTheBro said:
JayWood2010 said:

If you want some pretty good evidence on what's wrong with a controller, just look at what's changed in the successor. For the 360 the main one are the d-pad and the battery compartment. The rest of the controller is practically the same.

As stated before people will admit the dpad needed improvement but the overall design and feel has been praised from the beginning.  This is why other companies are taking notice with the shape, the arch, the triggers, etc.  Honestly people would have been upset if they changed one of the most praised controllers too much.  I included.

I was really just pointing out that fishtacos is correct about people having issues with the battery compartment. Overall though yeah most people found the 360 controller to be incredible.

JayWood2010 said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
JayWood2010 said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
JayWood2010 said:

The complaints about the PS3 controller.  It certainly isnt a very praised controller.  Yeah some people like it but there has been numerous complaints over the years about it and how people wanted it to change.

We have had this conversation before a while back and I get that you like sony but still it is important to be honest and not let your emotions take over.

I perfer the ps3 controller, to me and many it's beter. there's no lie there. The people complaining are usally chearleadig for the other camp. 

Mmmfishtacos said:

I perfer the ps3 controller, to me and many it's beter. there's no lie there. The people complaining are usally chearleadig for the other camp. 

I highly doubt the volume of complaints are coming from the other camp.  Other wise you would be hearing the same with X360 controller and i must say that there seems to be far more Sony fans on the net than Xbox fans yet you dont hear these things.

Im not arguing about your opinion.  Im glad you like it more, it is your opinion.  Im just pointing out it isnt as praised as you are saying.  

JayWood2010 said:
Mmmfishtacos said:

I highly doubt the volume of complaints are coming from the other camp.  Other wise you would be hearing the same with X360 controller and i must say that there seems to be far more Sony fans on the net than Xbox fans yet you dont hear these things.

Im not arguing about your opinion.  Im glad you like it more, it is your opinion.  Im just pointing out it isnt as praised as you are saying.  

Right that's why there’s a battle every time a thread is brought up about it... I guess you weren’t hanging out on the internet from 2006-8 was a very hard time to have a voice then. This is where most the nonsense came from. Personally in real life I don't know anyone the actually likes the 360 controller better, and all my friends owned a 360 because we are gamers first and that was the first system out. The internet can be very deceiving.