By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom Really considering a RE 5 Wii?

brute said:
is capcom purposely telling that its a test so people can buy the game

Yes they are. It's a marketing scam but if it works, it becomes the new marketing technique that other companies will use. In the end, it's all about the money.

Guys, RE5 is still far off. If Capcom wants to make a version for the Wii, they will.  Besides it will not take them long to make a Wii version. The guys here try to make it sound like it will be hard to do when in fact it's not. Optimizing RE5 for the Wii will be easy for Capcom. They all ready have experience working with the hardware. They only question remains is if Capcom wants to make a Wii version. It's that simple. We can trade banter about how possible or not possible it is but Capcom has the only say in this matter. What we think is really irrelevant since we have no vote to sway Capcom in one direction or the other.

Petitions or Protests anyone? 

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

Around the Network

What more proof do they need?

RE4 = million seller on a old port that sold almost 3m WW already. Way past expectations.
RE:UC = almost million seller, will be there eventually. Way past expectations.
Zack&Wiki = 300k on a really poorly advertised game. Great game BTW. Exceeded expectations.

That's really it so far. The other games have either barely released or not yet at all. C'mon capcom. If RE5 is too far into dev to switch, then fine. But, you better already be planning a really good spin off!!!

While on topic of Resident Evils, Capcom should seriously reconsider remaking RE Outbreak series but on xbox 360 this time...with xbox live online.

@Disolitude: They'd be foolish to do that--it would get horribly pwned by Left 4 Dead, a FAR superior game in a similar genre.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
@Disolitude: They'd be foolish to do that--it would get horribly pwned by Left 4 Dead, a FAR superior game in a similar genre.

ZOMG! Why didn't I know this game existed? Screw MGS4 and Halo Wars, this is the big game this year...

Around the Network

It'd be great if this would happen. I never played any of the RE games until I picked up the 4 Wii edition and I found it very entertaining.

i ddont think online petitions work much but heres the link to RE5 on wii petition

http://www.petitiononline.com/WiiRes5/petition.html

disolitude said:
While on topic of Resident Evils, Capcom should seriously reconsider remaking RE Outbreak series but on xbox 360 this time...with xbox live online.

Considering its primitive online abilities it would be more suited to the Wii which already has a strong Resident Evil library with the GC. But there's no reason it couldn't be on both consoles.

Does Anyone have a link to the Bionic Commando Petition?

disolitude said:
@ClaudeLv250

This is true. I was playing my 421st version of street fighter 2 this afternoon. But keep in mind that Capcom is notorious for rehashing old games on new superior hardware but not the other way around.

To get RE5 on the wii, they would literally have to change every character's polygon count, decrease resolution to 480P, lower the amount of textures...a lot of work. The biggest issue with porting RE5 to wii (and there are many issues) is RAM. With all pistons firing Wii has 88 meg (24 video, 64 system). Thats not enough to port a first gen Xbox 360 game let alone a 3rd gen game. It would pause for load time every 8 seconds...

Now I don't agree with all of the petitions for this to come to the Wii, but your argument has a major flaw in it.  As capcom ported the GC version of RE4 to the PS2.  Which we all know is inferior to the Gamecube.  So whether or not this has to do with it?  Who knows.  He could be talking about Umbrella Chronicles 2, since it exceeded expectations and all...

Girl Gamer Elite said:
disolitude said:

Considering its primitive online abilities it would be more suited to the Wii which already has a strong Resident Evil library with the GC. But there's no reason it couldn't be on both consoles.

Does Anyone have a link to the Bionic Commando Petition?

here you go

http://www.petitiononline.com/0819/petition.html