By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom Really considering a RE 5 Wii?

i rlly hope it's a Wii exclusive!

Around the Network
disolitude said:
thekitchensink said:
@Disolitude: They'd be foolish to do that--it would get horribly pwned by Left 4 Dead, a FAR superior game in a similar genre.

ZOMG! Why didn't I know this game existed? Screw MGS4 and Halo Wars, this is the big game this year...

Couldn't tell if that was sarcasm or completely deserved dumbstruckedness due to reading about the awesomeness of L4D

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
HappySqurriel said:
With how they have been selling, it is possible that Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles could outsell one version of Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition could outsell both versions of Resident Evil 5. Now, this doesn't mean that Capcom will port Resident Evil 5 but I'm certain they have taken notice of the popularity of these games and will have something for Wii owners in the future.

You really think RE4: Wii Edition could outsellf both versions of RE5?  LOL :)

Legend11 said:
HappySqurriel said:
With how they have been selling, it is possible that Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles could outsell one version of Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition could outsell both versions of Resident Evil 5. Now, this doesn't mean that Capcom will port Resident Evil 5 but I'm certain they have taken notice of the popularity of these games and will have something for Wii owners in the future.

You really think RE4: Wii Edition could outsellf both versions of RE5? LOL :)

If not both at least one.

Well with the Factor 5 engine, I think anything is possible. I wouldn't mind a different version of RE:5 just not a damn mini-game collection or a spin-off. I hope Capcom does something though.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Around the Network
Lareves said:
disolitude

This is true. I was playing my 421st version of street fighter 2 this afternoon. But keep in mind that Capcom is notorious for rehashing old games on new superior hardware but not the other way around

Like when they ported the Gamecube version to the PS2!

Personally id love to see a RE5 Wii,,, but i'll be getting it for 360

Heck id love to see RE4 for 360!

Except the PS2 was marginally less powerful than the Cube, as both were of the same gen in terms of hardware. The adjustments should have been about the same as porting RE2 from PS1 to the N64. But trying to port RE5 to the Wii would be akin to porting RE4 to the PS1. It's not gonna happen, and if it does, it'll happen ugly.

Well, since no one can tell me if the game will have 480p and 16:9 support, I won't be pre ordering it, simple as that and wait until someone gives me a confirmation about this. Same GFX as the PS2 version is ridiculous to spend another 45USD.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Legend11 said:
HappySqurriel said:

You really think RE4: Wii Edition could outsellf both versions of RE5?  LOL :)

You think it couldn't with those legs? LOL :)

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

RE5 should be on PS3 and XBOX period. Please Capcom, no dumbed down Wii version.

AU FOREVER

*~Onna76~* said:
Can someone answer this please... will the game have 480p and 16:9 support? If not... not interested. Trauma Center without 480p support okay but a full 3D game like Okami is annoying without 480p support.

OMG, Onna, PS3 has spoilt you