By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - October 12, 2013: The Day The Nintendo Bashing Died

Bashing Nintendo won't stop if Wii U doesn't improve. Wii U is a bigger investment for Nintendo, and it's the most worrisome thing they have now. Despite 3DS selling amazingly well, Nintendo still reported an operating loss at the end of their fiscal year. In other words, 3DS selling well will NOT enough to stop most Nintendo bashing. We need Wii U to fix this issue, because reporting operating losses from Nintendo is NOT a good thing and is something that many can easily bash.

Maybe you're trying to say that people will stop bashing Nintendo's handheld division?

Around the Network

Nintendo could have the best selling systems ever and it would sill be bashed like with the wii and ds

Nintendo bashing won't stop, especially not with Wii U struggling.

You can practically guarantee that if 2DS is successful, someone, somewhere, will argue that 3D in 3DS was a huge mistake and the successful 2DS proves 3DS was a failure.

Lawlight said:
S.Peelman said:
Lawlight said:
Salnax said:
Lawlight said:
Also, 12M lifetime for Pokemon.

I was wondering when your magic 12 million sould show up!

I cannot allow you to forget just yet :)

So what are you going to say when it blows by that during the holidays?

It's gonna blow alright - for the Nintendo fanboys :D

Tell you what - if sales explode during the holidays, feel free to come back and tell me. In the meantime, I bought a couple of bottles of champagne :)

Is it the same champagne you had to put back in the cellar after Monster Hunter 4 blew past the PSP version for the best MH launch in its history?

Is Nintendo being bashed?

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
tiffac said:
I'm actually more excited for the 2DS as much as I am when the 3DS was announced.

are you getting a 2ds this saturday?

Sadly, I can't. I cannot afford any new consoles or handhelds right now. Just putting together money for new games is hard. My current financial situation isn't as rosey as it was before but I am working on it. The 2DS is certainly in my sights, especially with Bravely Default being localized.

burninmylight said:
Lawlight said:
S.Peelman said:
Lawlight said:
Salnax said:
Lawlight said:
Also, 12M lifetime for Pokemon.

I was wondering when your magic 12 million sould show up!

I cannot allow you to forget just yet :)

Tell you what - if sales explode during the holidays, feel free to come back and tell me. In the meantime, I bought a couple of bottles of champagne :)

Is it the same champagne you had to put back in the cellar after Monster Hunter 4 blew past the PSP version for the best MH launch in its history?

lol, that was pretty good!

Success breeds hate, Nintendo is and has been for a very long time and incredibly successful video game company - while this creates fans it also creates haters. If the haters go away then I really will start to get worried about Nintendo.

The same affect happens with other series/companies, etc. (COD comes to mind, not my cup of tea but when it got popular it also got popular to hate on). Without haters you probably don't matter very much.

Systems Currently Playing: WiiU, PS3, 3DS

Also Have: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, PS1, N64, PS2, Wii, GB, GBC, GBA, DSLite, DSi, Android (RazorMax), iPhone (4), iPad (2)

Screamapillar said:
A) None of the Nintendo bashing will stop. Since people bashed Nintendo during the Wii/DS generation, just about different things. People will always bash Nintendo.

It was actually nice to bash the sony side of the fence when they announced a portable with a touch screen after bashing the one on the DS, early in its life.

But the holy grail was when Sony came up with the move. I still remember the countless crow serving and mocking sony fans got for months, after trash talking motion controls for years lol.

Lawlight said:
S.Peelman said:

Okay I'll do that .