By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The New PS Vita Isn’t Exactly Flying Off the Shelves in Japan, but Grand Theft Auto V is Doing Great

PSV Sales This Week?

OVER 100k 19 8.44%

80-90k 7 3.11%

60-80k 36 16.00%

40-60k 38 16.89%

20-40k 59 26.22%

UNDER 20K 66 29.33%

Total:225

Nice to see Tbone has taken Spurgeonryan's workload.

Around the Network

Who has time to line up and pick up a game on a Thursday morning?

The unemployed.

melbye said:
Why would Sony release a new model the same week Pokemon comes out?

youreally want to kno why? Cuz if it didn't 3ds would outsell vita 100:1 

You will be very surprised.

Ps vita 2000+ new colors alone wont do so much. ( 20k i predict)

But Psvita2000 + GOd eater 2 bundle + FFX/X-2 bundle + Christmas magic = epic vita sales !

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

pokoko said:
tbone51 said:
pokoko said:
tbone51 said:

Damn numbers were that high? This is an important Vita week. It has 4 days of sales as well. 100k doesn't look like its reachable

No, it's not.  Basically, it's just new colors.  

Its a new model and its cheaper with built in memory. If this isn't an important week then wen is? (aside from GE2+Vita TV week)!

It's basically a budget model but at the same price.  The only real positive is the built in memory, though it's that's not much of an upgrade.  Many people, myself included, would rather have the older model.  This is basically a move by Sony to cut production costs.  The effect was always going to be minimal.  Only a big piece of software is going to move enough units to matter.

Don't forget it's 20% slimmer and 15% lighter too. It also has a better battery life and a micro USB port. People are treating the Vita 2000 as a downgrade when it's better in every way except screen type.

Around the Network

Isnt the price difference between the new model and the original only like $10? If so I think alot of people would rather spend the extra $10 and get the more advanced model. If they wanted this to be a more budget friendly sku then it should be $30-40 cheaper, that way it actually looks like a good value compared to the original model, u would be able to get the Vita 2000 and a game for the same price as the original without a game.

Also from what I hear there isnt a big game to coincide with the remodel, that would have definitely helped. DS Lite debuted alongside NSMB, 3DS XL had NSMB2 and 2DS has Pokemon.

And lastly releasing in between Monster Hunter and Pokemon probably wasnt the best idea.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I didn't expecting anything from it but this one will sure boost the Vita on next week numbers.
That OLED vs LCD debacle is really hurting the Vita 2000.
And Releasing it 2 days before Pokemon great job Sony. Lol

zorg1000 said:

Also from what I hear there isnt a big game to coincide with the remodel, that would have definitely helped. DS Lite debuted alongside NSMB, 3DS XL had NSMB2 and 2DS has Pokemon.

No, DS Lite debuted with Children of Mana (100K seller) and DSi, for example, debuted with Valkyrie Profile (70K sold first week). But DSi sales - 170,000 in just 2 days. And there's huge lines and demand.

PSV 2000 debuted with Danganronpa 1+2 (potential 100+ K seller, just like games i already mentioned). But there's no hype, no lines, no demand, etc.

Dand said:
ps3-sales! said:
Wanna hear a sad story?

Playstation Vita.

But seriously, it's so sad that it's selling even worse than the psp.

So the NES/SNES where faiulures by that logic?

OT: Amazon again? Lets wait untill real numbers come up, and even then, expect only a minor bump

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

tbone51 said:
melbye said:
Why would Sony release a new model the same week Pokemon comes out?

youreally want to kno why? Cuz if it didn't 3ds would outsell vita 100:1 

OH SO TRUE!

Quickly make another thread on it!