By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - HP's relations with microsoft are moving farther apart

kowenicki said:
Captain_Tom said:
dallas said:
Captain_Tom said:
Seriously I am worried about MS. Over the past few years I have seen more and more indications that Microsoft is a sinking ship with no vision. I like Windows 8 so I hope I am wrong, but they are one or two massive failures away from the "writing being on the wall." ....

There's indicators both for and against that statement.

Bull indicators for MSFT-

-Balmer's replacement - If this guy can't boost stock price enough, then he has to go.  A replacement is the only course of action

-MSFT's reorganization-  the reorganization should be able to unlock some value in the company. 

Bear indicators for MSFT-

-Windows decline - this is a big one.  Basicallly Windows and Office are MSFT's two biggest sources of revenue, when people migrate to android tablets or chromebooks, which is happening, then both Windows and Office sales will go down. 

I base my worries on this:

-Many EX Microsoft Executives have stated that MS is a sinking ship, and that they are spending way too much money on Xbox.  

-OEM's like HP are looking into replacing Windows in their cheaper lines (Which is usually where MS dominates)

-MS continues to make baffling decions like Xbox One, Bing, and Windows RT.  Focus on what you are good at and stop jumping on bandwagons.

-MS is in danger of losing its gaming market to SteamOS.

I just see to many indications that they are gonna ruin themselves within 10 years unless things change quickly...

It is clear from this post that you know absolutely nothing about the MS business.

OT.  HP? Lol. Ok.  They have a great record of making sound decisions in the last few years don't they.... ?

Am I wrong that MS makes most of its money from OS and Business products?   That's my point.  Stop pushing everything else and solidify your hegimoney on those things.  As it stands, Google is positioning itself to steal a lot of the Office market, and there are dozens of OS's eroding MS's dominance...

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:
Zkuq said:
Yes! Yes! There's just more and more signs that MS is getting weaker, and there could finally be hope of getting rid of Windows eventually. Not going to happen any time soon, but it seems it will actually happen at some point.

What the hell?

What do you suggest millions of users around the world should use? Linux?

That is why I personally don't want MS to go away.  As much as I think other OS's could take enough marketshare to cripple MS, I am not entirely sure they will be better.

kowenicki said:

You beat me to it. I laughed out loud, literally, when I read what he posted there, he regularly serves up a nugget that betrays his lack of knowledge in these areas. 

He's not an analyst.  That is for sure.  If he is one he's a poor one at that.

He has no historical perspective.

If Microsoft wanted, I'm sure it could easily take it's OS completely internal, buy up a company like Dell, and do its own server, pc/workstation, and laptop line as well the tablet line it already has and the smartphone line it seems it will likely have in the near future.  HP is simply trying to get Microsoft to negotiate something, or they're trying to look bold.  However, if Microsoft went in-house, HP's stock would crumble overnight.  They might still see some server business, but the majority of their business would dry right up.

lol they dont have to like MS to make a shitload of profit with them.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

morenoingrato said:
Zkuq said:
Yes! Yes! There's just more and more signs that MS is getting weaker, and there could finally be hope of getting rid of Windows eventually. Not going to happen any time soon, but it seems it will actually happen at some point.

What the hell?

What do you suggest millions of users around the world should use? Linux?

This development will slowly make room for alternatives. Personally I'd like to see Linux take Windows's spot, but I doubt it's going to happen. Either way, I think I'm going to like the change when it eventually happens.

kowenicki said:
Zkuq said:

You got that from this and actually jumped up and down shouting yes?

sorry to disappoint you but that's not the case at all. I suggest some research. 

I never go jumping up and down unless for some reason I want to jump (in which case it's totally unrelated to other things). MS is slowly losing ground, largely due to the rise of mobile devices that often run something else than Windows. PCs are, in the large scale, losing their relevance, which makes Windows less relevant, which in turn gives other options a better chance. And this just happened to be the first time I remember hearing about MS really losing some support, which made me glad.

Around the Network
Seece said:

Why even bother posting this other than for you to post negative MS news, It's going to be of no interest to anyone.

1st of all we need people like dallas to post negative stuff about Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo. I doubt  Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo fans would actually want to post negative things about their favorite company. 2nd of all this article is an interest to some people. Why else would you click this forum? I came here to read about this article, just like many other people in here. If you are just going to cause arguements with other people just because he posted negative things about microsoft. Than I advice you to leave :)

OT: I hope they resolve their issues

dallas said:
Captain_Tom said:
Seriously I am worried about MS. Over the past few years I have seen more and more indications that Microsoft is a sinking ship with no vision. I like Windows 8 so I hope I am wrong, but they are one or two massive failures away from the "writing being on the wall." ....

There's indicators both for and against that statement.

Bull indicators for MSFT-

-Balmer's replacement - If this guy can't boost stock price enough, then he has to go.  A replacement is the only course of action, and since that is happening, there should be some amount of stock appreciation

-MSFT's reorganization-  the reorganization should be able to unlock some value in the company. 

Bear indicators for MSFT-

-Windows decline - this is a big one.  Basicallly Windows and Office are MSFT's two biggest sources of revenue, when people migrate to android tablets or chromebooks, which is happening, then both Windows and Office sales will go down. 

Chromebook?!? Has anyone actually purchased one?  They seem pretty gimped to me.

Stop hating and start playing.

I will believe it when I see HP releasing a PC running Linux at a lower price than a Windows PC.

Isnt this just an attempt from HP for Microsoft to buy them?

Cause if Microsoft pulled from HP, HP would die extremely quickly. What would they do. Linux HP's everywhere? Android HP's?

IBM did the same thing. Look what happened. They were where HP was back in the 90's.

I am surprised HP isn't dead yet... Their laptops are a joke compared to most of their competitors

I think MS is both a love/hate relationship... Its the only platform that people has gotten used to and its so popular with the largest third party support and almost everyone would hate to go to another platform than Windows but some things that Microsoft does are just so damn stupid... Oh well... I will forever love windows (except Vista, Millennium, 95)

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850