By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will the 2ds surpass Vita's lifetime sales?

When will 2ds lifetime sales surpass PS Vita's ?

2013 30 27.52%

2014 43 39.45%

2015 12 11.01%

2016 4 3.67%

Never 20 18.35%

Total:109

Being the cheapest version of 3ds, great for kids and releasing together with pokemon, there's no doubt the 2ds will sell A LOT. i seems like the psvita will only end 2013 with 7M or so units and maybe 10M in 2014. So the question is, when will 2ds pass it's sales? I'd say somewhere around 2014 holidays. what about you?

Around the Network

Well is there even a way to even determine how many 2DSs are even sold? This isn't a successor to the 3DS, just another part of the 3DS family so the sales of the two will be combined.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

I think we will only know accurate 2DS numbers from Japan (cause they actually spilt the SKU's there).

Perhaps change the thread title to Japan instead of WW?

Would be cool to see though, with Japan being the Vita's strongest region.

Though no word on 2DS release in Japan (which dumb....).

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

regin2005 said:
Well is there even a way to even determine how many 2DSs are even sold? This isn't a successor to the 3DS, just another part of the 3DS family so the sales of the two will be combined.

this.+1

34 years playing games.

After it passes the Wii U's total.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network
_crazy_man_ said:

I think we will only know accurate 2DS numbers from Japan (cause they actually spilt the SKU's there).

my guess is that japan numbers are doing well right? (compare to US+Europe). As a business move it might be better for them to release it wen the sales have dropped under their average baseline. but thats just me lol!

OT, no way to tell! Japan only i say it would take  2-3 years if it were released early Spring next year!

regin2005 said:

I'm sure Nintendo can eventually release sales reports of the 2DS.  VGC tracking it individually?  No

_crazy_man_ said:

Hasn't been their strongest Vita's strongest region since the price drop.  Both US and Europe have been selling more than Japan weekly because Japan's been selling atleast 10,000 units less per week.

Though Sony is to blame by not dropping the price earlier.  It looks like Vita units haven't budged since the price drop in the other regions, but it's just that Monster Hunter 4 was coming out around the same time as the price drop which pushed less Vitas.  Now Pokemon.  Easy assumption for third parties to make that Vita isn't selling more after the price drop.

*edit*

Oh.  You meant overall sales.  I voted 2013.

I'd say maybe two years to surpass JPNs sales of the Vita. Elsewhere...I have no idea?

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

kupomogli said:
_crazy_man_ said:

Hasn't been their strongest Vita's strongest region since the price drop.  Both US and Europe have been selling more than Japan weekly because Japan's been selling atleast 10,000 units less per week.

Though Sony is to blame by not dropping the price earlier.  It looks like Vita units haven't budged since the price drop in the other regions, but it's just that Monster Hunter 4 was coming out around the same time as the price drop which pushed less Vitas.  Now Pokemon.  Easy assumption for third parties to make that Vita isn't selling more after the price drop.

*edit*

Oh.  You meant overall sales.  I voted 2013.

And software as well, I don't see any other region where Vita has titles in their top 10 as often.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)