By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft confirms no DLC for Wii U ACIV

M.U.G.E.N said:

It's hilarious ppl are bashing ubi when they are one of the biggest supporters of the wiiu.

Well, Wii got them boatloads of cash and established the Just Dance franchise, their second best after AC. But they are arguably shooting their own foot by announcing that the game will be gimped prior to launching the game.

Around the Network
joora said:

Well, Wii got them boatloads of cash and established the Just Dance franchise, their second best after AC. But they are arguably shooting their own foot by announcing that the game will be gimped prior to launching the game.

Like I said it's all about the money in this case. It's not an isolated incident. Ubisoft have supported the system well including releasing an exclusive title for it. Sales just suck. The DLC numbers must be horrific for them to just skip it. It's better to be honest up front than to piss  buyers off later on. 

Now the SE charging extra money thing is an incident where I agree that publisher messed up

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Incubi said:

If Ubi was smart, they'd add this skin as DLC. AC4 would fly off the shelves.

I know, they only have to put a small effort and we could get something like this:

irstupid said:
kupomogli said:
irstupid said:
Oh and I love how people try and argue that Nintendo fans should accept this or try to be reasonable about it and so on.

Could you imagine the outrage if say the PS3 version and PS4 version were announced to have no DLC.

It would be like the DRM xbox one fiascol. Be twitters aflame, every gaming website in an uproar, forums floading with 100 identical topics bitching, and so on.

Yet it happens to Nintendo and we get berated for having an opinion.

Also, I don't know about everyone else, but I'm pointing out that while there isn't DLC now, doesn't mean there could be in the future.  There's no berating Nintendo fans there.  If Ubisoft thinks they'll make money from it, they'll port it.  Nothing is set in stone.  It's DLC after all, not like it comes on disc, unless it's a Capcom game.

What was the point of Ubisoft announcing it now?  

Why not wait until after the game is out for a week and then announce which systems get dlc.  THis isn't day 1 dlc is it?  i imagine it comes out a month later at earliest.

I highly doubt anyone who wasn't planning on getting AC4 will now get AC4 cause dlc was announced.  

DLC announced will probably lose more purchasers than gain.  

Now on to the Wii U version.  This announcement before release could hugely impact sales.  As most any intelligent person knows.  Most if not ALL Wii U owners also own probably a PS3 or 360 or have a PC that can play this game.  So now you are telling them they will be missing out on future content for their version.  THey may switch versions.  

well if thats the case, why would Ubi or the gamers who were really interested in the game care? Cause in the grand scheme of things multiplat owners still get to play the game and Ubi still sells a copy, i dont think they care too much whether its a PS3/4 WiiU etc version or not.

happydolphin said:
KylieDog said:
Just the excuse Nintendo fans need when the game fails to sell. The same fans that called CoD sales on Wii proof third parties games can sell, despite missing the DLC.

Despite it all, indeed the games managed to make a buck. (though mind you it sold 10 times less regardless)

That just reinforces the argument.

Love how oni and think-man were lapping your post up. The pattern is pretty obvious now.

Pattern of these games not selling hot? yeah i know. Lets be real here, look at the preorders wonder what version is missing? WIi U is on track to be the lowest selling one DESPITE the 4 and xbone systems not even on store shelves and the Wii U being out for a almost a year. Last year it was "there are not enough Wii Us out" ok nevermind that it was selling bad for a new game on new software period, but WE. Now this year it could be "no dlc, cause people really care about AC DLC all of a sudden (some of you)

Around the Network
oniyide said:
irstupid said:
kupomogli said:
irstupid said:
Oh and I love how people try and argue that Nintendo fans should accept this or try to be reasonable about it and so on.

Could you imagine the outrage if say the PS3 version and PS4 version were announced to have no DLC.

It would be like the DRM xbox one fiascol. Be twitters aflame, every gaming website in an uproar, forums floading with 100 identical topics bitching, and so on.

Yet it happens to Nintendo and we get berated for having an opinion.

Also, I don't know about everyone else, but I'm pointing out that while there isn't DLC now, doesn't mean there could be in the future.  There's no berating Nintendo fans there.  If Ubisoft thinks they'll make money from it, they'll port it.  Nothing is set in stone.  It's DLC after all, not like it comes on disc, unless it's a Capcom game.

What was the point of Ubisoft announcing it now?  

Why not wait until after the game is out for a week and then announce which systems get dlc.  THis isn't day 1 dlc is it?  i imagine it comes out a month later at earliest.

I highly doubt anyone who wasn't planning on getting AC4 will now get AC4 cause dlc was announced.  

DLC announced will probably lose more purchasers than gain.  

Now on to the Wii U version.  This announcement before release could hugely impact sales.  As most any intelligent person knows.  Most if not ALL Wii U owners also own probably a PS3 or 360 or have a PC that can play this game.  So now you are telling them they will be missing out on future content for their version.  THey may switch versions.  

well if thats the case, why would Ubi or the gamers who were really interested in the game care? Cause in the grand scheme of things multiplat owners still get to play the game and Ubi still sells a copy, i dont think they care too much whether its a PS3/4 WiiU etc version or not.

Your right that a sale on PS3 or Wii U doesn't matter to Ubisoft.  Those that just switch consoles DO NOT matter.

BUT I can guarantee that this news has lost AC4 at least 1 sale than it was going to get before.

I can Guarantee that this news has gained AC4 0 more sales than it did before.

Nobody is going to now buy AC4 cause DLC was announced.  They either were going to buy it already or not.

THere are going to be at least 1 person who will now not buy the game, for whatever reason, whether its their own personal boycotting ubisoft for this move for feeling ripped off or whatever.  But there will be at least 1.

Thus again reiterating my point.  THere is no benefit at all whatsoever for Ubisoft to announce this BEFORE hte games release.

oniyide said:
happydolphin said:
KylieDog said:
Just the excuse Nintendo fans need when the game fails to sell. The same fans that called CoD sales on Wii proof third parties games can sell, despite missing the DLC.

Despite it all, indeed the games managed to make a buck. (though mind you it sold 10 times less regardless)

That just reinforces the argument.

Love how oni and think-man were lapping your post up. The pattern is pretty obvious now.

Pattern of these games not selling hot? yeah i know. Lets be real here, look at the preorders wonder what version is missing? WIi U is on track to be the lowest selling one DESPITE the 4 and xbone systems not even on store shelves and the Wii U being out for a almost a year. Last year it was "there are not enough Wii Us out" ok nevermind that it was selling bad for a new game on new software period, but WE. Now this year it could be "no dlc, cause people really care about AC DLC all of a sudden (some of you)

I was talking about COD in ref to doggydog's post.

flagstaad said:
Incubi said:

I know, they only have to put a small effort and we could get something like this:

I'd almost buy that.

flagstaad said:
Incubi said:

This^^ So much win!

irstupid said:

Your right that a sale on PS3 or Wii U doesn't matter to Ubisoft.  Those that just switch consoles DO NOT matter.

BUT I can guarantee that this news has lost AC4 at least 1 sale than it was going to get before.

I can Guarantee that this news has gained AC4 0 more sales than it did before.

Nobody is going to now buy AC4 cause DLC was announced.  They either were going to buy it already or not.

THere are going to be at least 1 person who will now not buy the game, for whatever reason, whether its their own personal boycotting ubisoft for this move for feeling ripped off or whatever.  But there will be at least 1.

Thus again reiterating my point.  THere is no benefit at all whatsoever for Ubisoft to announce this BEFORE hte games release.

so i take it that one person is you? ok that fair. You have the right to buy and not buy for whatever reason, but as a long time AC player i will tell anyone who is mad about this...you are not missing much and this is coming from a guy who has bought DLC in th past, the last really good one was the Da vinci thing, that was brotherhood