By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft confirms no DLC for Wii U ACIV

happydolphin said:
oniyide said:
happydolphin said:
KylieDog said:
Just the excuse Nintendo fans need when the game fails to sell. The same fans that called CoD sales on Wii proof third parties games can sell, despite missing the DLC.

Despite it all, indeed the games managed to make a buck. (though mind you it sold 10 times less regardless)

That just reinforces the argument.

Love how oni and think-man were lapping your post up. The pattern is pretty obvious now.

Pattern of these games not selling hot? yeah i know. Lets be real here, look at the preorders wonder what version is missing? WIi U is on track to be the lowest selling one DESPITE the 4 and xbone systems not even on store shelves and the Wii U being out for a almost a year. Last year it was "there are not enough Wii Us out" ok nevermind that it was selling bad for a new game on new software period, but WE. Now this year it could be "no dlc, cause people really care about AC DLC all of a sudden (some of you)

I was talking about COD in ref to doggydog's post.

my bad, TBH i wasnt really reffering to that part.

Around the Network
oniyide said:

so i take it that one person is you? ok that fair. You have the right to buy and not buy for whatever reason, but as a long time AC player i will tell anyone who is mad about this...you are not missing much and this is coming from a guy who has bought DLC in th past, the last really good one was the Da vinci thing, that was brotherhood

No, I still have the game pre-ordered for the Wii U.  Still going to get it.  I don't buy dlc or care about multiplayer.  So things like this or batman news don't bother me.

BUT it will bother someone in the world.

Thus I'm just pointing out that it's just seems like a STUPID BUSINESS move to do what they did.

irstupid said:

No, I still have the game pre-ordered for the Wii U.  Still going to get it.  I don't buy dlc or care about multiplayer.  So things like this or batman news don't bother me.

BUT it will bother someone in the world.

Thus I'm just pointing out that it's just seems like a STUPID BUSINESS move to do what they did.

not really, not when you consider the cost of porting the DLC to WIi u and lets not forget Wii U doesnt have a HDD yes i know you can plug whatever in to that but it doesnt seem like companies are willing to bank on that.

Mr Khan said:
bananaking21 said:
Mr Khan said:
Like that would have worked. Nobody remembers GameCube at all, do they?

The only acceptable narrative is that third parties have it out for Nintendo. Full stop.

yes. third parties have secret meetings where they conspire against nintendo. EA, Rockstar, Bathesda, Ubisoft and others conspire against nintendo to get them out of the industry, because they are nintendo.

that sounds extremely ridiculous correct? but you just suggested that with your post. 

Reducto ad absurdum argument. Argue correctly or say nothing at all.

im sorry but excuse me? you are the one claiming theories that have no reasonable logic to back it up, and go on to claim its actually the only acceptable fact, then you are the one trying to stop any arguments by saying "Full Stop".

however lets look at the numbers and reals situation on why Ubi have decided to not launch DLC for now. a quick look at pre-order numbers show how AC4 is doing. notice which version is not showing up on the charts? even the X1 and PS4 versions are doing extremely better despite not being on the market yet. in fact the PS4 version has as exactly as much pre-orders as AC3 sold so far, noting that AC4 on PS4 still has 6 weeks before launch. The WiiU version is showing no sings what so ever that it will be a success. why should ubsoft increase their losses by making DLC for it? if AC4 sells good on the WiiU for it they can release the DLC then, this isnt set in stone, and this is a reasonable and logical choice that any publisher would make. 

And exactly how is ubisoft is "out to get nintendo"?.  werent they the only publishers that werent just a few weeks ago? havent they made a new IP for them at launch, that bombed miserbaly? and yet they continue to release ALL their big games on the system? add to the fact that WiiU just has 32GB of memory at best, a single game download could fill that up, why would anyone be inclined to be buy digitally on the WiiU with that low memory space?  The extremely low memory space on the WiiU hinders digital downloads and sales tremendously. but we ignore these facts, and we yell out conspiracy conspiracy. 

I confirm Ubisoft sucks
wasnt getting it anyways
DLC is just cancer

Around the Network
oniyide said:

not really, not when you consider the cost of porting the DLC to WIi u and lets not forget Wii U doesnt have a HDD yes i know you can plug whatever in to that but it doesnt seem like companies are willing to bank on that.

I'm not arguing whether making dlc for Wii U is worth it or not.

I'm just stating announcing "no dlc" before the game is released is dumb.

DieAppleDie said:
I confirm Ubisoft sucks
wasnt getting it anyways
DLC is just cancer

since dlcs suck, shouldn't you be glad wii U is not getting plague by it?

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

irstupid said:

no its not. its the right thing to do, imagine announcing after they released the game. imagine the backlash ubi would get "i bought the game and thought there would be DLC, fuck you ubi! you should have said this before you released the game". this way users can make an informed decision whether to buy it on the WiiU or any other console. if you buy it on WiiU know there wont be DLC. thats what they are saying. they wont tell you it after you buy it.

Incubi said:

This^^ So much win!

Only the skin, a green robe, a sword similar to the master sword, and a few triforce symbols and we will forget about any DLC. It could be pretty cheap to implement.

irstupid said:

It's the ethical thing to do though.