By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - JESUS WAS A GOVERNMENT PLOT: Confirmed says Joseph Atwill

allenmaher said:

why soft pedal?

Ah, yeah I'm usually very direct about calling out bullshit but the individual didn't seem to want to cause any trouble or seriously debate the issue. Just offer an opinion of one line and be on his/her way. 

I thought it would be okay to place the suggestion that the local flood could have been the factual event, which somehow spawned an urban legend about a man in a boat with a bunch of animals. 

I do understand the destructive nature of magical thinking and speak against it nearly every day. We're on the same page in that respect.

Kane1389 said:

It sounds like all you know about christianity comes from r/atheism and youtube.

Anyway, to disprove your points about other deities, i have found several links, which you should check out

http://conspiracies.skepticproject.com/articles/zeitgeist/part-one/   It explains the whole ''Jesus was a rip off of other deites'' stuff

There are also a lot of videos that deal with this issue (mostly debunking the Zeitgeist movie, which pretty much started this whole nonsense)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7GgWOi4SQM  Historical (non biblical) evidence for Jesus, later parts in suggested videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFI6m6Icav4  This one is similar to the first link, but its in video. Again it deals with Zeitgeist, but it applies to your ppoints quite well too.

http://www.jonsorensen.net/2012/10/25/horus-manure-debunking-the-jesushorus-connection/  This one is specifically about Horus connections

http://jerome23.wordpress.com/2009/03/09/debunking-the-myth-that-jesus-never-existed-the-historical-sources-for-jesus-part-one/

http://explanationblog.wordpress.com/the-myth-of-jesus-a-refutation-of-the-zeitgeist/

TL;DR You are very very wrong 

The irony of criticizing someone's knowledge based upon youtube and then using that same medium to present your rebuttal is truly astounding. Wordpress is even more baffling.

Anyways, reported for "queer" surely you know that isn't appropriate.

Around the Network
dsgrue3 said:
allenmaher said:

why soft pedal?

Ah, yeah I'm usually very direct about calling out bullshit but the individual didn't seem to want to cause any trouble or seriously debate the issue. Just offer an opinion of one line and be on his/her way. 

I thought it would be okay to place the suggestion that the local flood could have been the factual event, which somehow spawned an urban legend about a man in a boat with a bunch of animals. 

I do understand the destructive nature of magical thinking and speak against it nearly every day. We're on the same page in that respect.

The irony of criticizing someone's knowledge based upon youtube and then using that same medium to present your rebuttal is truly astounding. Wordpress is even more baffling.

Anyways, reported for "queer" surely you know that isn't appropriate.

I don't think you know the definition of queer... Unless you know he was using it as a slant against pezus you just wrongfully got someone banned. And by the text I can't tell and I cant see how you could tell

Max King of the Wild said:

I don't think you know the definition of queer... Unless you know he was using it as a slant against pezus you just wrongfully got someone banned. And by the text I can't tell and I cant see how you could tell

I'm familiar with the definition of queer. The context used made it abundantly clear to me which meaning was intended. 

dsgrue3 said:

I'm familiar with the definition of queer. The context used made it abundantly clear to me which meaning was intended. 

Oh forgive me... you must know that Jesus is a farce because it's obvious you are all knowing. You must be God... All hail dsgrue. The one true god!

dsgrue3 said:

Oh forgive me... you must know that Jesus is a farce because it's obvious you are all knowing. You must be God... All hail dsgrue. The one true god!

I'm not sure why you're on me. It's not at my discretion to dole out bans; in case you haven't noticed, I'm usually on the receiving end. I saw it as offensive, so I reported it.

Do you have something to contribute to the thread or are you just trying to pick a fight?

Around the Network
dsgrue3 said:

I'm not sure why you're on me. It's not at my discretion to dole out bans; in case you haven't noticed, I'm usually on the receiving end. I saw it as offensive, so I reported it.

Do you have something to contribute to the thread or are you just trying to pick a fight?

Asking for clarification would be the obvious thing to do. And mods are no more infallible than you. In fact, many of them ban now and don't ever ask later.

Why? You gonna report me? Because if you look at my previous posts they were more on topic than yours

dsgrue3 said:

Asking for clarification would be the obvious thing to do. And mods are no more infallible than you. In fact, many of them ban now and don't ever ask later.

Why? You gonna report me? Because if you look at my previous posts they were more on topic than yours

If you want to ask people for clarification, that's your prerogative. 

I think I've stated my position on the historicity of Jesus quite clearly. I side with experts in that it is highly likely that he existed and I follow the evidence wherever it leads. My position on anything isn't set in stone.

allenmaher said:
Kasz216 said:

Oh christ.  You are quoting directly from Zeitgeist aren't you. 

For example, the Attis story you quoted is completely fictional.  That's not who or what Attis was.  That's something someone made up, to make attis sound more like Jesus. Banking on the fact that the reader would know nothing about Attis.

That's the case of pretty much literally everything you've listed.

http://conspiracies.skepticproject.com/articles/zeitgeist/part-one/#attis

Seriously man... read something actually historically sourced... with facts.  I held such a higher opinion of you then this.

I dont know anything about Zeitgiest. Is that the athiest equivelant of loose change?

Zeitgeist  is a poorly done set of conspiracy movies that attempt to weave together a whole bunch of things into a glorioulsly paranoid whole but has a lot of trouble keeping the facts straight (well just makes shit up when it is convienient).  It is a really bad source to quote from, and frankly not worth watching.

How the fuck did I know 911 conspiracies were tied in with this when I started watching it... Hilarious

dsgrue3 said:

No, that should be the mod's, espicially with such and umbiguous sentance.

dsgrue3 said:

No, that should be the mod's, espicially with such and umbiguous sentance.

Take it up with them, slick.

Nothing ambiguous about it - what exactly is a strange/odd atheist? It's an incoherent thing to say if you're making that claim.

I guess you're upset that your friend got banned. Personally, I couldn't care less. If you want to continue to bitch about it, use your diary.