By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How Many 3DS's Will Be Sold In Japan of Pokemon XY Launch? (2 Days Left to Predict)

430k going off of the fact that the 3DS is maintaining high sales from Monster Hunter 4.

Around the Network

Man I feel bad for the Vita.

First huge numbers from MH4
Then huge numbers from Pokemon
Then huge numbers just for being holiday time afterwards

Just feels like sales comparison between the two will look so one sided this last part of the year.

irstupid said:
Man I feel bad for the Vita.

First huge numbers from MH4
Then huge numbers from Pokemon
Then huge numbers just for being holiday time afterwards

Just feels like sales comparison between the two will look so one sided this last part of the year.

it's been like that since week two of psvitas's life.

tbone51 said:
ganondorf7799 said:
I don' t think the 3ds sales will be that massive...I predict 280k.

No way MH4 sold 270k 3ds, Pokemon has 2 bundles as well as MH4 (techniqually 4 cuz X+gold/Y+gold/X+Blue/Y+Blue) But i added it, change your mind i'll switch it for you! 

Telling you right now, out of everybodyhere your going to be most surprised

I totally forgot about the bundles...my thinking was no 2DS for Japan and that in my opinion many Pokemon fans already have a 3 DS...

I add 100k to my original prediction. 

hmm would normally guess same as MH4 week, but 2DS releases same day and thus I imagine not only will that itself get some sales there will be more stock of systems available. Some might have waited on 2ds release to get both pokemon and/or mh4.

So i'm guessing double mh4 week. which was what like 250k?

So i'm guessing 487,539

Around the Network
irstupid said:
hmm would normally guess same as MH4 week, but 2DS releases same day and thus I imagine not only will that itself get some sales there will be more stock of systems available. Some might have waited on 2ds release to get both pokemon and/or mh4.

So i'm guessing double mh4 week. which was what like 250k?

So i'm guessing 487,539

there is no 2ds in japan. i'll add your next prediction. just post it ok!

hmm no 2DS.

Then my guess will be about same as MH4, though slightly higher.

Lets say

I'll update everybody else predictions in a couple hours, keep em coming

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Augen: 450K