By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VD-Dev "pushing the 3DS to its limits"

fatslob-:O said:
MDMAlliance said:

You still don't understand that my point still stands.  Running on the same engine, even if it weren't "scaled," so-to-speak, it doesn't mean anything in terms of the hardware it's on.  

The one who really needs to do research is yourself.  I provide you evidence, you don't provide any.  All you do is make claims and pretend they are true and accepted well known facts.  This is the definition of a double standard as you think that what I say means nothing unless I provide evidence.  I don't think you're qualified to be evaluating graphics.

@Bold Once again you still don't understand that better hardware on the same engine will net better performance but apparently the 3DS is still having trouble on trying to top the PSP in terms of graphics even though I know it's on the same engine with better hardware. So much much for trying to blow last gen portables out of the water LOL.

One thing is your evidence just so happens to be a double edged sword it's pretty embarassing that it usually ends up going against you. The evidence are in those creenshots so say it with me, "The 3DS is not a huge improvement interms of graphics." Apparently you need to look up the definition of graphics LOL. Any PC gamer would be ripping you apart right now for not understanding what graphics are. BTW your even less qualified to judge graphics than I am since you don't do a whole lot of experimenting on PC's compared to me. You would have easily come to my conclusion from just even doing a bunch of benchmarks. 

You can make whatever claims you want, I posted that video to counter your argument of how Resident Evil: Revelations has "awful framerate."  Maybe you didn't catch that?  Last I remember, an occasional framerate but otherwise steady (at 30 FPS no less) is perfectly reasonable.  Also, the graphics on RE: R surpasses anything on the PSP.  So RE: R has the performance AND the graphics.  You just don't want to admit it because you want to think that the 3DS is a subpar machine when in fact it is actually considerably better than the PSP (albeit the screen resolution is lower, but the 3DS screen QUALITY is higher).

Around the Network
Kaizar said:

The Wii has a 1-core 700 MHz CPU and a 243 MHz GPU.

The 3DS has a multi-core 1 GHz CPU clock @ 400 MHz a core, and a 400 MHz clock GPU.

The Wii uses very old technology.

The 3DS uses way newer technology in comparison.

No evidence so far for your claims. Making statements without showing evidence only goes so far. ;)

Hypocrite.  You've been making loads of claims with 0 evidence.

kupomogli said:
EricFabian said:

Nobody said that 3DS is more powerfull than Vita, but YOU said that 3DS is waeker than PSP.  So please be smart

To be fair, Kaizar has sad many times the 3DS is more powerful than the Vita, and in some quoted text I just read, he said the 3DS is more powerful than the PS3 and 360. 

When in the hell did I say the 3DS was weaker ? :P

I didn't say you said that, I'm quoting EricFabian with information that has been said when supposedly it hasn't been said.

I think everyone should be realistic now.  It goes PS4 > Xbox One > Wii U > PS360 > Vita > Wii > 3DS > PSP

from Gaf:

Originally Posted by Yanikun  

E-mailed them as well:

"yep we'll be using anti aliasing in 2d mode. (but if frame rate drops we'll have to remove this feature)."

I can't wait to see what the game's going to be like. I really hope they can have both AA and 60 fps, that would be AAmazing.

Originally Posted by rjc571  

Emailed the developer:

"yep the game will run at 60 fps ;)"

SOLD.

MDMAlliance said:
MDMAlliance said:

You still don't understand that my point still stands.  Running on the same engine, even if it weren't "scaled," so-to-speak, it doesn't mean anything in terms of the hardware it's on.  

The one who really needs to do research is yourself.  I provide you evidence, you don't provide any.  All you do is make claims and pretend they are true and accepted well known facts.  This is the definition of a double standard as you think that what I say means nothing unless I provide evidence.  I don't think you're qualified to be evaluating graphics.

@Bold Once again you still don't understand that better hardware on the same engine will net better performance but apparently the 3DS is still having trouble on trying to top the PSP in terms of graphics even though I know it's on the same engine with better hardware. So much much for trying to blow last gen portables out of the water LOL.

One thing is your evidence just so happens to be a double edged sword it's pretty embarassing that it usually ends up going against you. The evidence are in those creenshots so say it with me, "The 3DS is not a huge improvement interms of graphics." Apparently you need to look up the definition of graphics LOL. Any PC gamer would be ripping you apart right now for not understanding what graphics are. BTW your even less qualified to judge graphics than I am since you don't do a whole lot of experimenting on PC's compared to me. You would have easily come to my conclusion from just even doing a bunch of benchmarks. 

You can make whatever claims you want, I posted that video to counter your argument of how Resident Evil: Revelations has "awful framerate."  Maybe you didn't catch that?  Last I remember, an occasional framerate but otherwise steady (at 30 FPS no less) is perfectly reasonable.  Also, the graphics on RE: R surpasses anything on the PSP.  So RE: R has the performance AND the graphics.  You just don't want to admit it because you want to think that the 3DS is a subpar machine when in fact it is actually considerably better than the PSP (albeit the screen resolution is lower, but the 3DS screen QUALITY is higher).

You don't understand what I mean by "awful framerate" do you ? Anything under 30fps is unplayable for me hence why I play on PC instead of consoles. LOL about the "ocassional" drops, I'm pretty sure I saw framerate in the mid 20's in that video for about a minute. Yet RE: R doesn't blow anything out of the water on the PSP with crappy environments and objects but sure you can take the win for graphics even though it mostly only applies to RE: R character models LOL. 

Around the Network
kupomogli said:

It goes PS4 > Xbox One > Wii U > PS360 > Vita > Wii > 3DS > PSP

Agreed. 

MDMAlliance said:

You don't understand what I mean by "awful framerate" do you ? Anything under 30fps is unplayable for me hence why I play on PC instead of consoles. LOL about the "ocassional" drops, I'm pretty sure I saw framerate in the mid 20's in that video for about a minute. Yet RE: R doesn't blow anything out of the water on the PSP with crappy environments and objects but sure you can take the win for graphics even though it mostly only applies to RE: R character models LOL. 

No, it wasn't in the "mid 20's" for a minute.  It was dropping due to a lot of activity but 98% of the game is 30FPS steady.  Also, MOST games have these occasional framerate drops at some point in it... that, or it has those "freeze" moments.  So your argument pretty much fails.

Also, nothing you said in your last sentence is at all subjective and seems like it's talked about in general rather than vs the PSP.  All you're doing is throwing out shit.  Maybe some of the "crappy" textures you see exist, but an FYI, I saw very similar things in the Killzone game for the PS Vita.

edit:

I think you should show me what's so "crappy" about this environment. 

MDMAlliance said:
MDMAlliance said:

No, it wasn't in the "mid 20's" for a minute.  It was dropping due to a lot of activity but 98% of the game is 30FPS steady.  Also, MOST games have these occasional framerate drops at some point in it... that, or it has those "freeze" moments.  So your argument pretty much fails.

Also, nothing you said in your last sentence is at all subjective and seems like it's talked about in general rather than vs the PSP.  All you're doing is throwing out shit.  Maybe some of the "crappy" textures you see exist, but an FYI, I saw very similar things in the Killzone game for the PS Vita.

edit:

So 26fps and 24fps isn't in the mid 20's. -_- You just proved one more thing and that's you don't know anything about performance. LOL 

@Bold The beauty of it all is that i don't have to sacrifice anything on PC so your statement is not an issue to me. 

BTW killzone mercenary far surpasses what the the 3DS will be able to achieve but i sure as hell ain't playing it cause the framerate isn't hot enough for me. 

@edit BTW that screenshot isn't representative of the whole games graphics. Most of the time your in dark rooms with muddy textures. 

MDMAlliance said:

edit:

So 26fps and 24fps isn't in the mid 20's. -_- You just proved one more thing and that's you don't know anything about performance. LOL 

@Bold The beauty of it all is that i don't have to sacrifice anything on PC so your statement is not an issue to me. 

BTW killzone mercenary far surpasses what the the 3DS will be able to achieve but i sure as hell ain't playing it cause the framerate isn't hot enough for me. 

@edit BTW that screenshot isn't representative of the whole games graphics. Most of the time your in dark rooms with muddy textures. 

Most of the time it was 26 and 28, then back to 30.  So no, I think it was jumping up and down a lot at high points of the game, yes.

Also, what you're trying to say is that most games have awful framerate.  60FPS is not a standard unless you want to go PC, and that isn't really realistic unless you invest a fair share of money.  So you have an "elitist" opinion of framerate.

ALSO, I did NOT say Killzone Mercenary was similar to the 3DS capabilities, but in terms of your "muddy textures" argument, Killzone Mercenary is also guilty of that (I saw it in gameplay footage, planning on getting it eventually).  

Also, the screenshot is pretty representative of the game I would say as there are a good handful of these higher quality textures scattered throughout many of the rooms (even the small corridors).  I know more about this game than you would, "bro."  

Either way, this is about 3DS vs PSP, not 3DS vs PS Vita or 3DS vs PC.  So you're really making a straw man argument here.

edit: I also did some digging around and it seems like lots of people say Final Fantasy Type-0 has the best graphics on the PSP.

Well, let's take a look at it, shall we?

These are two I could find that would make good comparisons to RE: R and I think it's pretty easy to say that, while FF Type-0 is more open, the textures are still not as good.  The overall graphics are clearly worse, and this is as good as it gets on the PSP.

MDMAlliance said:
MDMAlliance said:

edit:

Most of the time it was 26 and 28, then back to 30.  So no, I think it was jumping up and down a lot at high points of the game, yes.

Also, what you're trying to say is that most games have awful framerate.  60FPS is not a standard unless you want to go PC, and that isn't really realistic unless you invest a fair share of money.  So you have an "elitist" opinion of framerate.

ALSO, I did NOT say Killzone Mercenary was similar to the 3DS capabilities, but in terms of your "muddy textures" argument, Killzone Mercenary is also guilty of that (I saw it in gameplay footage, planning on getting it eventually).  

Also, the screenshot is pretty representative of the game I would say as there are a good handful of these higher quality textures scattered throughout many of the rooms (even the small corridors).  I know more about this game than you would, "bro."  

Either way, this is about 3DS vs PSP, not 3DS vs PS Vita or 3DS vs PC.  So you're really making a straw man argument here.

@Bold Well then PC it is for me. 

Textures are even worse on the 3DS so I don't know what your arguement is on that one. 

That screenshot is no where near reprensentitive of the whole game like I said. Your mostly in dark rooms so what was your point ? 

Conclusion, the 3DS failed to blow the PSP out of the water, it's just the facts and I accepted it and BTW 3DS games > vita games just so you know so don't be just assuming that i'm some hater.