By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales - Media Create, Famitsu, Dengeki: week 40 ( Sept 30 - Oct. 6 )

SnowPrince said:
Horrifying for VITA and WIIU, it can be explained for vita even if I don't expect anywhere above 100.000 for the next week, but the WiiU is doing really terrible, it just had a great title..
PS: Am I the only one who never saw the Dengeki numbers ? I've seen the last week's topic but still the post is empty.

Dengki posts their numbers a day after the other two. You can find them in the comments section by other users since the OP usually forgets

Around the Network
tilinelson2 said:
Happy to see Legend of Heroes games not bombing so hard this week despite the terrible load times. Surprised to see JoJo 17th on Famitsu. The rest was pretty much expected, even Vita and Wii U numbers (sadly).

I don't know if Wii U bundles will do anything because bundles usually don't do much. Vita 2k is a big ??? because Japanese audiences may not care about the OLED screen, so it would make Vita 2k a much more appealing piece of hardware.

Exactly, unless the bundles are million first week selling games they usually help software more than hardware. 

SnowPrince said:
Horrifying for VITA and WIIU, it can be explained for vita even if I don't expect anywhere above 100.000 for the next week, but the WiiU is doing really terrible, it just had a great title..
PS: Am I the only one who never saw the Dengeki numbers ? I've seen the last week's topic but still the post is empty.

Above 100k? Ha! I'm expecting more 25k with Pokemon that week as well!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Zero999 said:

doesn't it release on the 24th?

As Yakuza says: 1 2 3 4, Amazon has all the bundles listed for the 31st.  Rayman is 17th and Sonic 24th, so they're the only things I can see stopping Wii-U from plummeting even lower over the next 3 weeks.  I wouldn't get my hopes up for either of them given their pedigree in Japan.

Next week doesn't have anything though, and between Pokemon/New Vita I'm not sure you should expect anything from Wii-U.  Maybe increased footfall in stores will help, but increased competition will probably be detrimental.  

Net week will be huge. Think Vita might get close to 100k (maybe 150k?). 3DS is at 117k BEFORE Pokemon release. Insane!! It's already caught up to last year's Japanese YoY sales. It's gonna annihilate it by Christmas... Surely 6 million yearly sales is possible!

Around the Network
kopstudent89 said:
Think Vita might get close to 100k (maybe 150k?). 

You may wish to rethink those predictions :P

Max King of the Wild said:
Incubi said:

It would surprise me greatly if you said otherwise. 

It would surprise me greatly if you actually countered the point and put anything worth while into dicussion instead of saying something so pointless. Of course... when there are no counter arguments I guess one needs to resort in saying pointless things

You consistently come into every thread bashing on the WiiU, and i dont see the point of arguing with you. The others came with plenty of counter arguments while I was away, and i didn't consider adding to that. The bundle is only 30k yen excl. taxes. Its equal to 300 USD and it will help drive momentum as its followed by Mario 3D World shortly thereafter alongside Taiko no Tatsujin U leading into the holidays.

Kresnik said:
Incubi said:
Conegamer said:
Wow at Wii U. I mean, the Vita is bad but that has a reason with the new model tomorrow. With Zelda out last week, where's your excuse Wii U?

There's 2 new WiiU superbundles incoming. Try again.

It's certainly an influence, but shirley you can see the difference between a remodel/new colours/$10 price drop which are going to show up in next week's chart; and two better-value bundles which are going to show up in the chart in 4 week's time.  We may well see some even lower lows from Wii-U over the next month unless Rayman and Sonic explode :P

WiiU sales is going to hover around 2k - 3k during Pokemon fever season, which will last for a couple of weeks. Then the bundle will release and WiiU sales should get a nice boost. If it doesn't? Ohmy is it going to be lively on that weeks media create thread.

I'm predicting GTA V will get 200k FW on the PS3 alone

Incubi said:

WiiU sales is going to hover around 2k - 3k during Pokemon fever season, which will last for a couple of weeks. Then the bundle will release and WiiU sales should get a nice boost. If it doesn't? Ohmy its going to be lively on that weeks media create thread.

My evil part wishs to see those bundles bombing to see Nintendo's reaction.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile