By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Another reason why PS Vita is doing worse in America than in Europe and Japan

Have you noticed that Japan gives the PS Vita hundreds of games while Europe and America are slow to give it games. Also, what Sony does in Japan and Europe that they do not do in America is make bundles. When a major title is released with a bundle, people are driven to buy a new system with its value and incentive. When COD Declassified and Assassin's Creed were released which sold the second and third best on the system at over 800K, they were sold in bundles which helped sales.

For example in America they currently have only one bundle for sale which is The Walking Dead with 4GB. -_- While in Europe Killzone(Vita's 2013 big release) gets a bundle with an 8GB memory card. They even released a megapack that's doing fairly well.

In Europe Vita gets bundles for Jak and Daxter, Killzone, Soul Sacrifice, Ratchet and Clank nexus, Sports Pack Bundle, Littlebigplanet, Need for Speed MW, FIFA etc. with most of them including 8GB memory cards.

In Japan the Vita gets bundles for God Eater 2 (Fenir Edition) Final Fantasy X-X2 HD (Looks damn beautiful), Gundam Breaker, Soul Sacrifice etc.

I feel like for America they are not even trying to promote their games and the systems and are being lazy unlike the other regions which they are trying harder for. Even Shuhei Yoshida said bundles are easy to make so make bundles!

So what do you guys think.

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

Around the Network

seens like Sony already give up in USA, but yes games sell consoles.

Click HERE and be happy 

EricFabian said:

seens like Sony already give up in USA, but yes games sell consoles.

That's the main reason why bundles work because they are games sold with systems with a memory card for the price of the base system itself. The reason why Assassin's Creed and COD declassified sold ok was because they were bundled. On black friday people bought the shit out of the AC Vita bundle so imagine if there was a Killzone and Tearaway bundle(There are in Europe but not in America). Sony is just goddammned lazy regarding Vita's campaign in America.

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

Also European PSN has Breath of Fire 3 and American PSN does not.

Sony needs to seriously start localizing the Vita games in Japan, I can't believe they haven't already got on top of that, one of the best parts of the PSP was all the JRPGs.  

Around the Network

That is a Sony thing, for some stupid reason they almost ignore US, they do the same thing with Smartphones too, but of course Kaz comes in and say that they will invest in the market later and all the Kaz fangirls says that it makes sense (blindly), when fact is it makes no sense at all. Xperia and Playstation brands are weak brands in US (Xperia being a newer brand with playstation getting weaker year after year), a huge market and these guys just ignore it like no biggie.

Just look at the PS3 this holiday, there is a Watch dogs, AC 4, Batman, and a GT plus last of us official bundles coming to Europe this year, were are these in US? The guys working on the US part of playstation are so stupid that knowing how they struggle in the country, they made the new blue playstation a gamestop exclusive, wow.

And look, I am not saying that they would sell crazy numbers, but how can you be selling like crap in a country were the competition is from, and make so many rookie mistakes that cost them consumers regardless of how many. You can even look at how much it took them to get the 12gb PS3 in there...... just retarded.

Same thing with the vita of course, but I believe the machine has bigger issues but still your point is still valid

GdaTyler said:

So what do you guys think.

Couldn't it be due to the higher prices in Europe and UK where it costs $270 (199) and $240 (£150) respectively. Maybe Sony already loses enough money in US where the Vita only costs $199?

Price of the console and memory cards.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

I agree with the mistakes that Sony has made. The last few years they've had no business sense. I think many of us here would do a better job of running Sony's Playstation division than Sony does.

ps3-sales! said:
Price of the console and memory cards.

I'd say price of the console and  games.  The price is much less of a factor now than it was although still a factor, but the big thing is that Sony needs to get some exclusive games on the market that people are interested in and quit with the damn ports.  They should have did this when the Vita launched.  Sony even stated they won't make Vita the port machine, but then the games they've been acquiring for the system have been ports of indie games and ports of retail games(Epic Mickey 2 and Borderlands 2 among others being ported BY SONY.) 

KingdomHeartsFan said:

Sony needs to seriously start localizing the Vita games in Japan, I can't believe they haven't already got on top of that, one of the best parts of the PSP was all the JRPGs.  

^This. Well said, well said.