By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Another reason why PS Vita is doing worse in America than in Europe and Japan

Kresnik said:

Nem said:

No. Theres no BoF3 on PSN. Only physical PSP disc.

Or, if you have it i would like to know wich country you live in.

I have BoF3 on my Vita.  It's compatible in the UK, at least.

Oh... alright. Its a UK exclusive then i suppose.

Around the Network

Most of the games that are being released for Vita in Japan are games that are not interesting for western consumers, like Jrpgs, or games based on franchises that are not popular in the West.
I can comprehend why Sony, apparently, is not making huge efforts in localizing them. Those are the types of games, with one or another exception that won´t really help drive consoles sales.

Better games are needed, but so are a better console and memory cards price.

Rogerioandrade said:
Most of the games that are being released for Vita in Japan are games that are not interesting for western consumers, like Jrpgs, or games based on franchises that are not popular in the West.
I can comprehend why Sony, apparently, is not making huge efforts in localizing them. Those are the types of games, with one or another exception that won´t really help drive consoles sales.

Better games are needed, but so are a better console and memory cards price.

Those not popular in the west JRPG's seem to be doing alright for the 3DS though. JRPG's are important in portables. They seem to fit them better, than home consoles. Sony needs to drop some more bombs with Vita Tv in the west. I suppose Borderlands 2 is a nice proposition for a handheld but they need to do something more. Something like a Bioshock and/or a GTA to really send people a clear message.

Alby_da_Wolf said:
Price, memory cards and games for PSV is what Sony must work on EVERYWHERE, not only in America. But this Xmas most resources are on PS4 launch, so PSV could have to wait for Xmas 2014 and need a restyling and a new launch campaign to hype it enough. Using many standard smartphone and tablet components with few customisations, PSV will be fine on profitability and Sony will be able to drop its price without any problems (its estimated BoM was $160 in January 2012, so in mid 2014 it should be dirt cheap to build), this will allow Sony to keep it on the market even with low sales, but it will need a relaunch and serious support, sooner or later, if Sony doesn't want to give up almost all it achieved in the portable market with PSP. Also, Xmas 2014 is the last call, after that PSV will be able to survive only as a low-cost niche portable. It won't die,anyway, unless Sony kill it.

Finally! A post about Vita's future I agree with!

My issue with SONY is lack of "consistency". The same problem IMO plagued PSP as well.

What I mean by lack of consistency... PSP had some great western developed games like, Daxter, Resistance: Retribution, Syphon Filter games, Ready at Dawn GOW's... Instead of building upon the fan base, already created during the PSP era, they dropped those franchises. And if the H'n'S on homeconsoles is dominated by Kratos, why don't they move Heavenly Sword to portable? With all the ports coming to Vita, port the original Heavenly Sword and create console exclusive sequel.

SONY should really expand both Bend and Guerrila Cambridge, so they could handle at least 2 projects at any given time. Both of those studios proved themselves at being great portable developers. 

The same thing goes for 3rd party developers.

AC3: Liberations was a really good portable AC game. It had it's issues, but overall it was more then decent. Lack of sequel is on SONY's hands. Instead for pushing for exclusive AC4 content, they should have pushed for another Vita game.

COD on Vita was a turd, but even so it sold well. Sequel was no brainer IMO. Yet nada...

Uncharted: GA was awesome... 2 years have passed since it's release... Sequel maybe? It's the best selling Vita game. If that doesn't say anything to SONY...

Around the Network
Nem said:
MDMAlliance said:
Also European PSN has Breath of Fire 3 and American PSN does not.

No. Theres no BoF3 on PSN. Only physical PSP disc.

Or, if you have it i would like to know wich country you live in.

Oh, that's strange.