By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Assassin’s Creed 4 DLC Seems To Be Skipping Wii U

Tagged games:

Having to pay for DLC sucks. Wouldn't have bought that anyways.

But I hope the game is good, AC 3 bored me to death (almost).

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Around the Network
FrancisNobleman said:
I miss the days were games came complete on the original package and you didn't have to pay shit for extras you could unlock just by playing.

Waaaaa?  You don't like sidequests only playable unless you pay for them?  I love not getting things with my games! 

Just think if we had DLC back then.  Final Fantasy 6, you reach the World of Ruin and only Celes, Edgar, and Setzer could be acquired without unlocking it.  The minimum amount of characters to complete the game.  Every other character you'd have to pay DLC to go to the other areas in the game.  So the part where Sabin holds up the building, nothing there unless you pay for it.  The house with the kids and Terra in it would have text that comes up saying the door is locked. Also areas that you don't get characters, like where Figaro Castle hits something along the way and you find the underground castle, doesn't hit anything unless you pay for the DLC.  :P.

You know it would happen that way too.

Ubisoft must be admitting that they can't compete with Nintendo DLC.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

snyps said:

Dlc is a scam. Unless it is announced and released a full year after the full game.  I'm getting the Wii U ver of coarse.

In very rare cases could you call it a scam (even then). This has obviously been developed post launch, (like most DLC) so wasn't meant to be in the main game.

i am sure the dlc will come out for ac4 in the states at least, and if sales of the game and system are where ubisoft likes . i am sure the dlc would arrive on the wiiu in europe as well. i think since ac3 got the dlc for the wii u, that ac4 will as well, since splinter cell blacklist got dlc, and i am sure watch dogs will as well, then i am not worried in the least.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

An awful franchise with dlc announced with a trailer before the game is even out. Fuckin Ubisoft. Have they made any good AssCreed DLC before?

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Seece said:
snyps said:

Dlc is a scam. Unless it is announced and released a full year after the full game.  I'm getting the Wii U ver of coarse.

In very rare cases could you call it a scam (even then). This has obviously been developed post launch, (like most DLC) so wasn't meant to be in the main game.

eversince ea did this at e3 i've been cynical about dlc

I dunno what to say, Ubisoft are usually pretty good at supporting Ninty.

Petition time?

Doubt I would buy dlc anyway. I tend to never do. Have bought a couple Nintendo DLC cause they make them soo cheap its hard to refuse. I mean like $2.00 for actually something decent.

I'm just hoping this game is as good as it looks.

Also I'll probably be bored of the game or done with it by the time dlc comes out so wouldn't even notice.

Don't get why companies use dlc for a yearly game like this. Isn't dlc supposed to be to show continued support of a game. Continued support of a game in assassins creed's case is Assassins creed 5, or if this is super popular probably 2-3 spinoffs of edward like we got for ezio.

BasilZero said:
kupomogli said:

Waaaaa?  You don't like sidequests only playable unless you pay for them?  I love not getting things with my games! 

Just think if we had DLC back then.  Final Fantasy 6, you reach the World of Ruin and only Celes, Edgar, and Setzer could be acquired without unlocking it.  The minimum amount of characters to complete the game.  Every other character you'd have to pay DLC to go to the other areas in the game.  So the part where Sabin holds up the building, nothing there unless you pay for it.  The house with the kids and Terra in it would have text that comes up saying the door is locked. Also areas that you don't get characters, like where Figaro Castle hits something along the way and you find the underground castle, doesn't hit anything unless you pay for the DLC.  :P.

You know it would happen that way too.

That sounds horrible lol.

They need that money.  Only way to get it is either this or make all  their games for iOS. 

*Square Enix announces 13 exclusives and 9 ports for iOS*

O_o