By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Assassin’s Creed 4 DLC Seems To Be Skipping Wii U

Tagged games:

TruckOSaurus said:
Seece said:
snyps said:

Dlc is a scam. Unless it is announced and released a full year after the full game.  I'm getting the Wii U ver of coarse.

In very rare cases could you call it a scam (even then). This has obviously been developed post launch, (like most DLC) so wasn't meant to be in the main game.

Post launch?  The game releases in November.

Post launch/Post completion, game is finished way before it hits shelves, final month is polishing and it goes gold 3 - 4 weeks before hand.

Around the Network
pezus said:

Makes sense. Nintendo gamers don't want DLC. Or that's my general impression

Really? Nintendo gamers even buy expensive disc versions of DLC. Just look at the Luigi DLC for NSMBU!

The DLC for Fire Emblem did quite well though. As of April 17th over 240k people had bought the game and half of them had bought at least one DLC pack. That sounds pretty decent to me. They released several DLC packs for New Super Mario Bros. 2 but I don't know how they all performed, and they recently released DLC for Pikmin 3.

In short I don't think it's as simple as "Nintendo gamers don't want DLC".

Maybe its like SC where its on the console but Ubisoft doesn't advertise it.

Why in the hell does ubisoft even keep trying ?

Bought AC3, played it till the End -> was happy. I just lpayed a good Game with a good Story. DLC doesn't interest me, so will still pick up the U-Version.

Around the Network

I'm not hardcore enough to pay for content that should have been an unlock/included in the game at release anyway. *sigh* I miss expansion packs, they were actually worth it.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Pavolink said:
Attoyou said:
An awful franchise with dlc announced with a trailer before the game is even out. Fuckin Ubisoft. Have they made any good AssCreed DLC before?

I heard Revelations and Brotherhood were good.

well you heard wrong about revelations. 

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Attoyou said:
Pavolink said:
Attoyou said:
An awful franchise with dlc announced with a trailer before the game is even out. Fuckin Ubisoft. Have they made any good AssCreed DLC before?

I heard Revelations and Brotherhood were good.

well you heard wrong about revelations. 

Oh, so only one woth DLC.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I dont understand why all those third party devs kill their sales. Why not wait after the game is on sale before making all this crap public?

WiiU version costs +$10€
or
WiiU version lacks multiplayer
or
WiiU version will be 1 game the competition will get a trilogy
or
WiiU version wont get DLC
or
WiiU wont get  GOTY/COMPLETE edition
or
INSERT OTHER "sabotage on purpose to have a reason to drop WiiU support" THING

And tbh thinking about DLC should be ILLEGAL before the game goes gold. If the game goes gold devs still would have enough time to make DLC. And if they say "but but but our artists etc would be idle then...." well come up with new GAME IDEADS new IP etc. it would be the perfect time.

kitler53 said:
snyps said:
Seece said:
snyps said:

Dlc is a scam. Unless it is announced and released a full year after the full game.  I'm getting the Wii U ver of coarse.

In very rare cases could you call it a scam (even then). This has obviously been developed post launch, (like most DLC) so wasn't meant to be in the main game.

eversince ea did this at e3 i've been cynical about dlc

xbox one and ps4 not even relase yet.

...accessories announced.

are you going to cry about that too? 

The two scenarios are hardly comparable.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.