By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Assassin’s Creed 4 DLC Seems To Be Skipping Wii U

Tagged games:

pezus said:
forest-spirit said:
pezus said:

Makes sense. Nintendo gamers don't want DLC. Or that's my general impression

Really? Nintendo gamers even buy expensive disc versions of DLC. Just look at the Luigi DLC for NSMBU!

The DLC for Fire Emblem did quite well though. As of April 17th over 240k people had bought the game and half of them had bought at least one DLC pack. That sounds pretty decent to me. They released several DLC packs for New Super Mario Bros. 2 but I don't know how they all performed, and they recently released DLC for Pikmin 3.

In short I don't think it's as simple as "Nintendo gamers don't want DLC".

I thought Rol was the ideal Nintendo fan

I don't know if he got the FE DLC or not. And I don't think he's rejecting the idea of DLC's completely, he's just against selling parts that should be in the game to begin with as DLC. But I could be wrong.

Around the Network

was never going to buy this anyway so this does not really bother me

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Its not a game im going to buy anytime soon, but if i had a Wii U i would get that version no doubt. Map on the gamepad is all the incentive i need.

Mr Khan said:
kitler53 said:

xbox one and ps4 not even relase yet.

...accessories announced.

are you going to cry about that too? 

The two scenarios are hardly comparable.

the two scenarios are entirely comparable. 

pezus said:
forest-spirit said:
pezus said:

Makes sense. Nintendo gamers don't want DLC. Or that's my general impression

Really? Nintendo gamers even buy expensive disc versions of DLC. Just look at the Luigi DLC for NSMBU!

The DLC for Fire Emblem did quite well though. As of April 17th over 240k people had bought the game and half of them had bought at least one DLC pack. That sounds pretty decent to me. They released several DLC packs for New Super Mario Bros. 2 but I don't know how they all performed, and they recently released DLC for Pikmin 3.

In short I don't think it's as simple as "Nintendo gamers don't want DLC".

I thought Rol was the ideal Nintendo fan

Rol didn't like the pricing given the amount of content each pack provided.

Rol also has mixed feelings about Awakening as a whole... presumably because it's less Radiant Dawn and more Final Fantasy Tactics. I, for one, think FFT's structure with FE's everything else makes for a delicious (and highly replayable) combination.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network
JazzB1987 said:

I dont understand why all those third party devs kill their sales. Why not wait after the game is on sale before making all this crap public?

WiiU version costs +$10€
or
WiiU version lacks multiplayer
or
WiiU version will be 1 game the competition will get a trilogy
or
WiiU version wont get DLC
or
WiiU wont get  GOTY/COMPLETE edition
or
INSERT OTHER "sabotage on purpose to have a reason to drop WiiU support" THING

And tbh thinking about DLC should be ILLEGAL before the game goes gold. If the game goes gold devs still would have enough time to make DLC. And if they say "but but but our artists etc would be idle then...." well come up with new GAME IDEADS new IP etc. it would be the perfect time.

Yea I don't get it either.  I doubt announcing DLC will make any people on the fence about buying AC4 go out and now buy AC4.

So why announce it before release?  AND especially when it's a negative towards one fanbase.  Some people might just refuse to buy the game out of spite now.