By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who's not buying a Ps 4 or Xbox One this holiday? Why not?

buyin' a 4BONE?

Yeah! 71 20.52%

Nope! 274 79.19%

Total:345
Wright said:

Nope. Off the Record was essentially the same game with 75% of the same map as in Dead Rising 2 but with a different main character. It even had the same endings. (The bastards made a crazy plot twist that wasn't present in Dead Rising 2, and it was worth it just for that alone, because it actually teased fans who thought the game was exactly the same as DR2 xD). So this is the point on which Capcom started milking the series.

Off the Record had even different microtransactions than DR2 so that you had to buy them AGAIN.

The DLC's are a especial kind of DLC (which is pretty rare in Capcom) and they are standalone expansions: Case Zero and Case West. Both at five dollars each one, and both had awesome value for fans (It wasn't anything like that content in disc locked bullshit).

Intriguing.. the game always came across to me as a reskinned DR2 and a cheap cash in. But it seems there's more to it than that.

Might have to get it the next time it appears on the next big Steam sale.

Around the Network

Same here! I also chose Wii U already, so I don't need PS4 or X1. I already have a PC for my third parties. Aso, Wii U is starting to get some third party support, and indie game support, so that should be enough for me!

I'm happy playing my wii u and ps3 at the moment, i will probably buy a xbone and ps4 in a year or two when they get a price cut.

hinch said:

Intriguing.. the game always came across to me as a reskinned DR2 and a cheap cash in. But it seems there's more to it than that.

Might have to get it the next time it appears on the next big Steam sale.

Well, yes, it is a cheap cash in. But at least you get value for your money (especially if you got in on a Steam sale :P)

ps4 here

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA

Around the Network
Bruxel said:
ps4 here

what game?

Overwhelmingly few VGCharters plan on buying PS4 or XO this holiday. So far 87% answered no. So who are these people buying these systems at launch really?

I tend to always buy a console who has either a new Soul Calibur game, a new Zelda, or a new Mario. Thats my catalyst, and i usually go from there buying into whatever other quality games that system has available.

I'm not buying either one because neither interests me a great deal.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

seeing both consoles graphics and cpu are mediocore compared to my pc I am going to pass on this. Also I hope since they use PC architecture, most games will be optimized for PC as well rather than buggy port.

PS4 in February because i want Killzone and Infamous playable back to back.