By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Gravity Proves Why Movie Critics Are Trash.

Your thread proves why, taking an individual's opinion on a movie should be taken with a grain of salt. Users and Critics agree that this is one of the best movies this year. Now you may very well not like it and it indeed has some flaws, just like every other movie ever made, but just because someone doesn't have the same opinion as you does not mean that they are wrong and you are right. It is completely objective. 

I'll give you a good example from your own banner. Flower. I though that the game was mediocre and had almost the exact same complaints with it that you had with gravity. It felt like such a pretentious, artsy, one trick poney. Now the majority of both critics and users loved that game. Does that mean that I think they are idiots. No, it just means they have different tastes than me which is perfectly okay. 

Around the Network
pezus said:
I often agree with critics. Maybe because I can appreciate more about films than simple fun

Thank you. Films aren't just about having fun looking at explossions and crazy stunts. There is much more to film than that. Film is art, in a way. It's not always some childish, big summer blockbuster.

One of the worst movies I ever watched was "The Hurt Locker", and that won best picture.

enrageorange said:

Your thread proves why, taking an individual's opinion on a movie should be taken with a grain of salt. Users and Critics agree that this is one of the best movies this year. Now you may very well not like it and it indeed has some flaws, just like every other movie ever made, but just because someone doesn't have the same opinion as you does not mean that they are wrong and you are right. It is completely objective. 

I'll give you a good example from your own banner. Flower. I though that the game was mediocre and had almost the exact same complaints with it that you had with gravity. It felt like such a pretentious, artsy, one trick poney. Now the majority of both critics and users loved that game. Does that mean that I think they are idiots. No, it just means they have different tastes than me which is perfectly okay. 

This is probably the closest I come to agreeing with one of your posts so contratulations on that. The only point I think you missed is the point where many hardcore audiences tend to disown their own beleifs and start to agree with critics. For example TLOU has been called the game of the generaton by many on this site and by the gaming community as a whole. However when SM3D World won goty on this site many users started calling TLOU overrated and boring and recieved an abundance of likes for it