By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - buttons vs motions

@ brute
Yes, you are out of your mind. It's clear you understand some of the problems with trying to achieve what you are suggesting, but the bottom line is that there is no practical advantage over using buttons. Why use your hands to operate virtual hands to press virtual buttons when you could just press buttons?

Around the Network

^because it will be funner

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Is someone calling for a Power Glove remake?!?!!?

Hell yeah!

^power glove?ive heard its good,can you tell me what it is?

Actually, I think it would be interesting if they allowed you to use two wiimotes to be your "hands," and it's the same type of thing that comes up when people talk about how in shooting games 2 wiimotes could be used to aim and shoot and stuff. The only problem with this is that then you don't have any way to move the character... so.

It's an interesting idea. And these are the kind of ideas that I would like to see more of. Keeps games interesting.

Around the Network

WHOA - 2 Wiimotes!!! that would be awesome
maybe in the Wii 2

^maybe they could use the wii fit board to move the characters

brute said:
wiiforever said:
well, I certainly think the Wiimote has enuff buttion for almost every game - just look at SSBB! The motion adds even more control so I think the Wiimote has enuff

did you even read the full post

no i think he didn't

+ "wii 2" what kind of a name is that???

it would be called the wii elite!!!!

brute said:
^maybe they could use the wii fit board to move the characters

I was thinking the same thing. I would be the most interesting set up for any game ever.

The way I could see it working, depending on how the WiiFit board works, is that certain parts of the board could be used for different things. Like to walk sideways you'd press the left area of the board, and the same for right. It just depends on if the board can detect pressure in different areas, or if it only deters pressure on it's left side and right side. There's probably other ways, but you could put like 4 or so simple but different actions to the board and then the rest to the wii motes.

The Power Glove was used to mimic our hand's movements and put them on screen. Basically what you're asking for is a perfected version of it, right? :P

It would definitely be cool to have someday! The poor Power Glove was so ahead of it's time..