By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Indies will help bring the Wii U to victory

Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:

Why is that important?

I think you missed the part when i never said it was. It just as important as anything you say

Around the Network

Well then why cant you admit you're wrong?

Wooo look at me I can be pedantic too.

JoeTheBro said:
kupomogli said:

Yeah, but they don't sell consoles, so they're not helping the Vita either.

I don't buy digital only unless they're dirt cheap, so they can have a million indie titles on both systems.  They probably wouldn't make much from me.

Then I doubt you are the target market.

From what I've heard indies are very healthy on Vita and are also doing nice on the Wii U. I doubt many people buy the systems just for indies, but there's a small dedicated group that is heavily influenced by them.

I'm not their target market but I wasn't making t hat my only point.  My point was "indies don't sell consoles."  Even though I made mention that I don't purchase them, doesn't change that.

Tell me.  How many digital only indie titles for the Vita and Wii U have you seen on store shelves lately?  So how is your average gamer who doesn't frequent video game sites know that these 100+ indie titles are available for the Vita and Wii U unless he/she has one and stumbles across the indies in the eshop or the PSN store?  How is indie a selling point for the Vita or the Wii U if the potential buyers have no idea the games exist. 

It's not like Sony or Nintendo advertise that they have hundreds of cheap affordable games on the box itelf.  It usually just gives a generalization about it in very fine print that these consumers won't ever read, especially when the boxes and systems are locked behind store shelves or behind a glass panel.   If they did advertise on the front of the box though, I doubt retailers would care it because they don't want people buying it and then buying everything all digital.

With all these indie games, I don't see why Sony and Nintendo don't have digital cards of the games  themselves.  This way the digital games can be seen by the consumer interested in the product up on Gamestop shelves, and Gamestop, Walmart, whoever, can get a small cut for selling a digital voucher.  They offer PSN cards, but PSN cards don't advertise games. 

kupomogli said:
JoeTheBro said:

Then I doubt you are the target market.

From what I've heard indies are very healthy on Vita and are also doing nice on the Wii U. I doubt many people buy the systems just for indies, but there's a small dedicated group that is heavily influenced by them.

I'm not their target market but I wasn't making t hat my only point.  My point was "indies don't sell consoles."  Even though I made mention that I don't purchase them, doesn't change that.

Tell me.  How many digital only indie titles for the Vita and Wii U have you seen on store shelves lately?  So how is your average gamer who doesn't frequent video game sites know that these 100+ indie titles are available for the Vita and Wii U unless he/she has one and stumbles across the indies in the eshop or the PSN store?  How is indie a selling point for the Vita or the Wii U if the potential buyers have no idea the games exist. 

It's not like Sony or Nintendo advertise that they have hundreds of cheap affordable games on the box itelf.  It usually just gives a generalization about it in very fine print that these consumers won't ever read, especially when the boxes and systems are locked behind store shelves or behind a glass panel.   If they did advertise on the front of the box though, I doubt retailers would care it because they don't want people buying it and then buying everything all digital.

With all these indie games, I don't see why Sony and Nintendo don't have digital cards of the games  themselves.  This way the digital games can be seen by the consumer interested in the product up on Gamestop shelves, and Gamestop, Walmart, whoever, can get a small cut for selling a digital voucher.  They offer PSN cards, but PSN cards don't advertise games. 

That's why I said it was only a small group. Of course the vast majority of console buyers don't even know indies exist, beyond minecraft and maybe journey.

Somini said:
No they will not.

-The PS4 has better indie support
-Xbox fans don't like indie games
-WiiU fans all have high end PC's, where even more indies are.

So no gamer in his right mind would buy a WiiU for indie games.

That's hilarious considering the fact that the biggest indie game right now is Minecraft, and on consoles it's been exclusive to 360 for a year and a half and in the process has gone on to sell well over a million copies on 360 alone.

And all Wii U fans all have high end PCs?  Now you're just being silly.  Especially considering the fact that using high end PCs and indie games in the same sentence together is an oxymoron... most indie games can run on PCs from over a decade ago.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
roman838892 said:
Lmao another delusional topic from a Nintendo fan boy. Indie games really? Ps4 will have more indie support. The kids got wii are older now and don't want to play games for little kids anymore. Too bad Nintendo couldn't see that. They should've had the approach they had with Super Nintendo. What adult really wants to keep playing Mario, Zelda, smash brothers, Pokemon and donkey kong lol

I'm a nintendo fanboy? I'm a huge fan but I wouldn't go as far as saying I'm a 

fanboy.

"im a fan"

gender - male

fan boy.

Frequency said:
JoeTheBro said:
roman838892 said:
Lmao another delusional topic from a Nintendo fan boy. Indie games really? Ps4 will have more indie support. The kids got wii are older now and don't want to play games for little kids anymore. Too bad Nintendo couldn't see that. They should've had the approach they had with Super Nintendo. What adult really wants to keep playing Mario, Zelda, smash brothers, Pokemon and donkey kong lol

fanboy.

"im a fan"

gender - male

fan boy.

if(fan_boy == fanboy){

//she's a friend who happens to be a girl

gender=girl;

result=gender + "friend";

}

else if(fan_boy!=fanboy) {

gender=female;

result=gender + " friend";

}

Does result equal "girlfriend" or "female friend"? I ran the code and it keeps giving me one answer but if I do it by hand with your logic I get another.

The computer doesn't lie.

(I should really get back to work, or sleep)

JoeTheBro said:
Frequency said:
JoeTheBro said:
roman838892 said:

fanboy.

"im a fan"

gender - male

fan boy.

if(fan_boy == fanboy){

gender=girl;

result=gender + "friend";

}

else if(fan_boy!=fanboy) {

gender=female;

result=gender + " friend";

}

Does result equal "girlfriend" or "female friend"? I ran the code and it keeps giving me one answer but if I do it by hand with your logic I get another.

The computer doesn't lie.

(I should really get back to work, or sleep)

You will have a point when you can legally marry, or reproduce with a games console, until then you do not.

You are a fan of the console and you are male, thus you are a fan boy, if you were female you would be a fan girl, it doesn't get any simpler.

Additionally, using the term girlfriend or boyfriend can be used to describe both a partner and a friend, people just shy away from the former because while accurate, it is easily misintepreted, the intepretation however does not make it any less accurate just as writing your post in arbitrary if, else statements does not add any more weight to your retort.

Perhaps he doesnt want to be associated with a derogatory term mate

Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
Perhaps he doesnt want to be associated with a derogatory term mate

Its only derogatory in the minds of shallow people, if a guy loves ferraris, owns one and talks about it all the time, do you think he would be offended if people called him a ferrari fanboy? not likely.

People get overly sensitive way too easilly.