By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Instead of buying 4BONE, why not buy a Wii U this holiday?

Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
Seece said:
Seece said:

Digital games don't count now? Is this a joke thread?

If someone is a fan of Nintendo games they'll get a WiiU. Otherwise if they're not and they want a PS4/XBO, why would they get a WiiU?

And STILL with the weak ass arguments "All PS4/XBO offer is Graphics!!!111!!"

Next Gen is all about seamless and immersive worlds and games. Right down to the system UI's. On every console(wiiu benefits from the dual screen interface, Xbone has Kinect, PS4 has the touchpad)

They're both media hub devices that are expensive.After all the things you end up buying. WiiU bleeds the wallet the least.

If people think the WiiU is as weak as a last gen console then lol. Its a GPGPU/CPU PowerPC hybrid with efficiency and preformance being the primary concern. The PS4 and Xbone are Jaguar Cores+GPU focused x86 architecture made to be acessible and easy to utilize.

Quite frankly it doesn't matter how powerful WiiU is, that's not entirely the reason it isn't going to get sustained third party support.

The rest, I think you're debating/arguing for sakes sake.

Yeah, I am. People are stupid. And misinformed.

They still think the WiiU doesnt run last gen engines man.

Its bad. Real bad.

Doesnt matter anyway. If Nintendo is serious they'll fix it themselves.

I would say the majority know WiiU is in the middle of PS360 / XBPS4.

But like I said, it doesn't matter. Nintendo's games don't gain much from incredible graphics because the art style allows for the games to look good, and it's not going to be getting GTA, Skyrim type games for the most part.

Around the Network
Daisuke72 said:
Salnax said:
Don't forget that Wii U games run in glorious 1080p, whereas PS4 games run at 720p and One games at 900p.

knack 1080p

killzone 1080p

driveclub 1080p

resogun 1080p

what ps4 game is confirmed 720p?

Instead of wii u, why not buy a PS3 or Xbox 360?

Because they have clunky UI's and are still too expensive for 8 year old hardware.

$180 for a Xbox or $300 for a Wii U

Hmm....decisions, decision. 

Seece said:
Seece said:
Seece said:

If someone is a fan of Nintendo games they'll get a WiiU. Otherwise if they're not and they want a PS4/XBO, why would they get a WiiU?

Next Gen is all about seamless and immersive worlds and games. Right down to the system UI's. On every console(wiiu benefits from the dual screen interface, Xbone has Kinect, PS4 has the touchpad)

They're both media hub devices that are expensive.After all the things you end up buying. WiiU bleeds the wallet the least.

If people think the WiiU is as weak as a last gen console then lol. Its a GPGPU/CPU PowerPC hybrid with efficiency and preformance being the primary concern. The PS4 and Xbone are Jaguar Cores+GPU focused x86 architecture made to be acessible and easy to utilize.

Quite frankly it doesn't matter how powerful WiiU is, that's not entirely the reason it isn't going to get sustained third party support.

Its bad. Real bad.

But like I said, it doesn't matter. Nintendo's games don't gain much from incredible graphics because the art style allows for the games to look good, and it's not going to be getting GTA, Skyrim type games for the most part.

If you mean Bestheda/Rockstar games then yea. But third parties will put their games wherever they can make money.

If you really want western 3rd party games imo you just get a PC. Next Gen systems wont be worth it. I doubt most gamers care about Sony's exclusives if they're mainly looking for 3rd party games.Hence why I think Sony going full streaming service is suicide lol.

Daisuke72 said:
Daisuke72 said:
Salnax said:
Don't forget that Wii U games run in glorious 1080p, whereas PS4 games run at 720p and One games at 900p.

knack 1080p

killzone 1080p

driveclub 1080p

resogun 1080p

Because they have clunky UI's and are still too expensive for 8 year old hardware.

Do you want to play Bayonetta 2 or not chico?

Seece said:
Seece said:
Seece said:

Its bad. Real bad.

If you mean Bestheda/Rockstar games then yea. But third parties will put their games wherever they can make money.

Well, evidently they agree they can't make money on WiiU, even the yearly sports franchises aren't coming and EA are legally contracted to bring it to all 'viable platforms'

Right now it has Ubisoft, Warner and Activision (for what they're worth!) and rumours lately (coming directly from inside) suggest if Ubi games don't do well this holiday they'll scale back support also.

Anyway this argument has been done to death. I wish people like the OP wouldn't look at the situation so simplistically and out of touch.

Around the Network

I should be getting one holiday 2014 as long as there is even a small stream of games flowing through. It should have quite the backlog to catch up to by then

A price drop wouldn't hurt but it is already more than competitive. This holiday is already spoken for.

Daisuke72 said:
Daisuke72 said:
Salnax said:

knack 1080p

killzone 1080p

driveclub 1080p

resogun 1080p

Do you want to play Bayonetta 2 or not fool?

Why if I could play GoW3 instead?

Daisuke72 said:
Salnax said:

knack 1080p

killzone 1080p

driveclub 1080p

resogun 1080p

If the PS3 is clunky when compared to the WiiU, then the same could be said when comparing the PS4 to the WiiU. You're not making much sense. Seece is right, you're just arguing for sake's sake :S

"Wii U:  Great graphics, alot better than current gen."

LOL WUT?!?

"Take a look at retail exclusives by the end of the year. I think it's obvious who wins."

Most of those "retail exclusives" for Wii U are from launch through August of this year, while the retail exclusives for the other two are all launch titles that will be out within a two month window, with plenty more exclusives in the coming months.

"What about multiplat games? Everyone's a winner..."

Ummm... NO...

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

This thread is embarrassing.