By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Instead of buying 4BONE, why not buy a Wii U this holiday?

Metallicube said:
PlayMatt said:
If I wanted last gen graphics I would buy another PS3, which has so many more exclusives and better then Wii U

This is considered "last gen" to you?

Man you guys sure are hard to please.. well when it comes to graphics anyway, not so much when it comes to games.

Why are you trying to show how pretty the WiiU's graphics can be, according to you, if you don't care about graphics?

Around the Network

I actually decided not to get a Wii U due to the Gamepad screen.

I decided not to get an Xbone because of Kinect Spyware, 500 US Dollars!?, and Microsoft is untrustworthy.

I decided not to get a PS4 due to lack of backwards compatibility. (I may pick it up in 7 or so years when it has a cheap backlog of exclusives)

...and I still have hundreds of unbeaten games, hope I can finish that many in 7 years. :P

Look - I don't want to get into the next gen/previous gen arguments.

It's not, and HAS NEVER been about system power - more about release time. The Wii's graphics looked closer to GC/Gen 6 than the PS3/360/Gen7 - and that means exactly jack diddly squat when discussing what generation it is actually part of . Going on 30 plus years now. This doesn't change because a few forum goers want to have a swipe at Nintendo.

You know that uncle who's 15 years older, but actually looks younger than most people his age, even to the point of looking as young as people 15 years his junior ? What generation he belongs to isn't decided on appearance.

I don't think most Wii U graphics are that much better than 360/PS3 graphics - but it's next gen/Gen8. Indisputably. And also the only console maker on the market to have been releasing a home console all through Gen 3 (NES), Gen 4 (SNES), Gen 5 (N64), Gen 6 (GC), and Gen 7 (Wii).

Daisuke72 said:

Instead of wii u, why not buy a PS3 or Xbox 360?

This. The PS360 win on every point raised in the OP, apart from graphics which is won by the PS4 & X1. The only reason to pick the Wii U over the competition right now is Nintendo games.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

Osc89 said:
Daisuke72 said:

This. The PS360 win on every point raised in the OP, apart from graphics which is won by the PS4 & X1. The only reason to pick the Wii U over the competition right now is Nintendo games.

but according to nintendo fans, graphics don't matter...

so topic should be, why don't you like Nintendo exclusives? 

Basically that's what I got out of it.

Around the Network
Daisuke72 said:
Salnax said:
Don't forget that Wii U games run in glorious 1080p, whereas PS4 games run at 720p and One games at 900p.

knack 1080p

killzone 1080p

driveclub 1080p

resogun 1080p

what ps4 game is confirmed 720p?

Because they have clunky UI's and are still too expensive for 8 year old hardware.

Somini said:
Metallicube said:
PlayMatt said:
If I wanted last gen graphics I would buy another PS3, which has so many more exclusives and better then Wii U

Man you guys sure are hard to please.. well when it comes to graphics anyway, not so much when it comes to games.

Why are you trying to show how pretty the WiiU's graphics can be, according to you, if you don't care about graphics?

First of all, who said I didn't care about graphics? Second of all, I'm merely making a point.. Nice try though

Seece said:
Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
Seece said:

Digital games don't count now? Is this a joke thread?

If someone is a fan of Nintendo games they'll get a WiiU. Otherwise if they're not and they want a PS4/XBO, why would they get a WiiU?

And STILL with the weak ass arguments "All PS4/XBO offer is Graphics!!!111!!"

Next Gen is all about seamless and immersive worlds and games. Right down to the system UI's. On every console(wiiu benefits from the dual screen interface, Xbone has Kinect, PS4 has the touchpad)

They're both media hub devices that are expensive.After all the things you end up buying. WiiU bleeds the wallet the least.

If people think the WiiU is as weak as a last gen console then lol. Its a GPGPU/CPU PowerPC hybrid with efficiency and preformance being the primary concern. The PS4 and Xbone are Jaguar Cores+GPU focused x86 architecture made to be acessible and easy to utilize.

Quite frankly it doesn't matter how powerful WiiU is, that's not entirely the reason it isn't going to get sustained third party support.

The rest, I think you're debating/arguing for sakes sake.

Yeah, I am. People are stupid. And misinformed.

They still think the WiiU doesnt run last gen engines man.

Its bad. Real bad.

Doesnt matter anyway. If Nintendo is serious they'll fix it themselves.

lt_dan_27 said:
Over half the games listed on the wiiu have average to low reviews. Batman arkham origins is coming to all platforms. It would probably take at least $600-700 to build a ps4 like system, and that's low balling. Xbox one would probably be about $550-600. I could build a PC with similar or better performance than a wiiu for the same or less. A problem with your "great graphics, better than current gen" is very misleading. A Honda accord and Lamborghini both have far better performance than a model T. But that doesn't mean they perform that same. Possibly the worst post I've ever seen. You've also neglected multiple exclusives on both platforms. And it's also unfair to pin up all of the exclusives that wiiu has made over a year versus exclusives being made in a month. By that math. the xbox one and ps4 have way more exclusives per month they've been released.

Metallicube said:
Somini said:
Metallicube said:
PlayMatt said:

First of all, who said I didn't care about graphics? Second of all, I'm merely making a point.. Nice try though

What was nice about my 'try'?

You're contradicting yourself and talking down to people who care for graphics, as if you'd need a brain if that speaks to you. See and analyse the tone of your posts, they're highly unresprectful!