By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Instead of buying 4BONE, why not buy a Wii U this holiday?

Seece said:

Digital games don't count now? Is this a joke thread?

If someone is a fan of Nintendo games they'll get a WiiU. Otherwise if they're not and they want a PS4/XBO, why would they get a WiiU?

And STILL with the weak ass arguments "All PS4/XBO offer is Graphics!!!111!!"

Next Gen is all about seamless and immersive worlds and games. Right down to the system UI's. On every console(wiiu benefits from the dual screen interface, Xbone has Kinect, PS4 has the touchpad)

They're both media hub devices that are expensive.After all the things you end up buying. WiiU bleeds the wallet the least.

If people think the WiiU is as weak as a last gen console then lol. Its a GPGPU/CPU PowerPC hybrid with efficiency and preformance being the primary concern. The PS4 and Xbone are Jaguar Cores+GPU focused x86 architecture made to be acessible and easy to utilize.

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
noname2200 said:

Of course no one adds the additional expense for an HDD to the Wii U. What, did you skip the list in the OP or something?

Killzone takes of 50gb on a mandatory instal solid state drive that you need to replace internally.Gotta replace that . Also the WiiU comes with an HDMI cable. The rest dont.

HDMI included

HDMI included

Oh they changed it? Good.

I already own a Wii U!

That said - the bulk of games I'll be getting this holiday season will be for Xbox One, Unless they decide to get serious about Virtual Console - and I will pump a ton of money into that as well!

Only really Lost World and SMW3D appeal to me from the exclusives available through the end of the year (got Scribblenauts DCU yesterday!) - and I've still gotta pick up W101 - and besides waiting for a SMB/SLB 2pack - (or SL being on disc for $30 - 40 - the DLC is $30 in Australia) that's probably my Wii U purchases til years' end. Maybe RE Rev on the cheap, and possibly Scribblenauts U.

Bestheda and Consoles?

Oh hell no lol.

Adinnieken said:
Which ones play Blu-Ray discs?

All of them

Can I play BD movies in my Wii U? Awesome!

I didn't know/hadn't tried.

Around the Network

Anyway, on a more serious note, I very likely won't be getting ANY console this holiday. Money is tight these days and still looking for that job.. But even if I got one soon, I still think I will wait until next year.

When I finally do buy a console though, it will almost certainly be the Wii U first. Cheapest price, best games (or at least best exclusives).. NSMB U, DKC, Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, X, 3D Mario Worlds, Watch Dogs.. What more do ya need?

Xbone will probably be 2015. Needs at least $100 price drop, and more games than Dead Rising 3, and the next iterations of Halo and Gears.

PS4, meh, I'll probably pass on Sony yet again.

If I wanted last gen graphics I would buy another PS3, which has so many more exclusives and better then Wii U

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

JimmyDanger said:

Adinnieken said:

All of them

Lol no sorry, gotta stay with Super HD Netflix. I was making a joke how the WiiU discs are blu-rays.

JimmyDanger said:

Adinnieken said:

All of them

Lol no sorry, gotta stay with Super HD Netflix. I was making a joke how the WiiU discs are blu-rays.

Oh - OK.

Please don't be offended if I don't laugh at your joke!

PlayMatt said:
If I wanted last gen graphics I would buy another PS3, which has so many more exclusives and better then Wii U

This is considered "last gen" to you?

Man you guys sure are hard to please.. well when it comes to graphics anyway, not so much when it comes to games.