By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Instead of buying 4BONE, why not buy a Wii U this holiday?

cablebox said:
If you like droughts between games, the wii U is the perfect console but if you appreciate third party games well the 4bone is the way to go

Get a PC. Will be better for you

Around the Network

Digital games don't count now? Is this a joke thread?

If someone is a fan of Nintendo games they'll get a WiiU. Otherwise if they're not and they want a PS4/XBO, why would they get a WiiU?

And STILL with the weak ass arguments "All PS4/XBO offer is Graphics!!!111!!"

WagnerPaiva said:
It is all true except for the graphics, the WiiU graphics are actuall worst than the PS3.

Wat.

Adinnieken said:
Which ones play Blu-Ray discs?

All of them

Badassbab said:
My personal advice is quit console gaming and migrate to PC. It's what I've done over the past few years and it's definitely been worth it. Better graphics and performance by miles and you can use 360 controller for most third party games or map it using X-padder and also hook it up to your sound system and TV. This is the first gen I can think of where PC is already well ahead before the next gen is even out so consoles are really going to fall way behind this gen quickly. Games are a lot cheaper too.

Outside of exclusives, I actually agree.  The WiiU has enough exclusives I can't get anywhere else to purchase it.  The other two, well we will see in a year, they both have some great games, but will they be worth $400-500 for a few exclusives?  I hope those exclusives will make it into streaming services so I can avoid buying the consoles entirely.  My next big purchase will be a livingroom steambox, build my own or buy I don't know yet. PC gaming is cheap and very interesting these days, steam, desura, and other services are great.  I can build one with a basic APU (to get PS4/XB1 performance) for about the money of a next gen console and then upgrade it to a dedicated card later for even better performance.  Plus I can install whatever I want on it without restrictions, like mods, my choice of OS, whatever other software would be great in the livingroom (XBMC, MythTV, Older console emulators, etc).

As to the original post,  the WiiU was a great investment, I have not regretted it and I purchased mine day one.  There have been some amazing games on it so far and right now there are tons coming out.  The OS problems are fixed and it is running great.  Even if you just stick to exclusives it is worth the money.

Around the Network

Already own a Wii

Seece said:

Digital games don't count now? Is this a joke thread?

I excluded them do to a lack of personal time. If you want to go through and sort out all of the exclusives in the same manner I've already done noting remakes and quasi exclusives, then I'll add it to the op.

noname2200 said:
Noctis23 said:
noname2200 said:
Dusk said:

A $50 blu-ray player. Using your gaming console for that is redundant and causes needless wear and tear on an expensive console meant for gaming.

Haha, everyone look at this guy. He thinks consoles are meant for gaming!

What's more useful: Tvii (a feature pretty much no one uses) or blu-ray capability?

And no one is adding the extra $50+ for a HDD when the price of the Wii U is being talked about.

Funny how that works.

Of course no one adds the additional expense for an HDD to the Wii U. What, did you skip the list in the OP or something?

Killzone takes of 50gb on a mandatory instal solid state drive that you need to replace internally.Gotta replace that . Also the WiiU comes with an HDMI cable. The rest dont.

AshKetchum1992 said:
I'll get a PS4 when both The Last Guardian and Kingdom Hearts III are released...

You will see Guns n´Roses and Skid Row reunited with their original formations before you play Last Guardian.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
noname2200 said:

Of course no one adds the additional expense for an HDD to the Wii U. What, did you skip the list in the OP or something?

Killzone takes of 50gb on a mandatory instal solid state drive that you need to replace internally.Gotta replace that . Also the WiiU comes with an HDMI cable. The rest dont.

HDMI included

HDMI included