By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Top 10 PlayStation Fails

Funny list, seems like all its fails were on the Ps3

Around the Network
gooch_destroyer said:
"Primary Position" What does that mean? like being the same as the Xbox Controller?

It's the argument for asymmetric sticks.

They aren't just better because of personal preferences, but because of the laws of the universe according to some people.

It's crazy.

I'm just going to list he ones I don't agree with.

#9 - Mascot confusion. Sony never really had a mascot. They tried it with Crash Bandicoot, but dropped it when the PS2 launched. Sony uses it's actual HW and a variety of games to represent its consoles.

#8 - Controller layout. This is one that usually just comes from fans of other consoles, and is usually just used as ammo for console wars. Really, their arguments fall flat when you consider that our hands are symmetrical by nature and there is no "primary position." I mean, using that logic, the right analog stick should also be where the buttons are. Of course, playing with an asymmetrical controller isn't hard, so it not that big a deal.

#7 - PS Move. It is similar in design as the Wii controller, but it uses a different tech. One that actually gives you 1:1 tracking. Of course, motion gaming isn't for everyone. I also don't get the 5:1 on Kinect vs. Move sales. It's actually 1.6:1.

#4 - Inferior ports. It's not so much that I disagree with this, as it was an issue earlier, as well as with games that require a lot of RAM (a la Skyrim). However, couldn't they have found gameplay footage of earlier games where there was an actual noticeable difference.

#3 - Again, don't entirely disagree with this one, but...UMDs led to piracy? Really? Can't help but laugh at the fact that the vid poster actually believed that.

#1 - The hack definitely shouldn't have happened, but it didn't take "so long" for Sony to tell us about it. And "it forever damaged the trust in the Playstation brand"...til about 2013.

JoeTheBro said:
gooch_destroyer said:
"Primary Position" What does that mean? like being the same as the Xbox Controller?

They aren't just better because of personal preferences, but because of the laws of the universe according to some people.

It's crazy.

Blame the FPS crowd?

gooch_destroyer said:
JoeTheBro said:
gooch_destroyer said:

It's crazy.

Blame the FPS crowd?

See that's what I never understand. If these "primary position" people actually applied their logic correctly, then the 360 controller would be best for action games using buttons while the Wii U pro controller would be best for shooters.

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
gooch_destroyer said:
JoeTheBro said:
gooch_destroyer said:

It's crazy.

Blame the FPS crowd?

See that's what I never understand. If these "primary position" people actually applied their logic correctly, then the 360 controller would be best for action games using buttons while the Wii U pro controller would be best for shooters.

Yeah, but oh well. The DS4 should fix the "problem".

Decent list the only i don't really agree with is controller, but even still they could have been more innovative heck i would have like the boomerang design

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

10. Not really a fail imho. Seems to have worked out well for them.
9. Nah I don't see this as a fail. So they don't have a mascot.
8. Agreed, time to change the controller up please. They seem to have done a good job with PS4.
7. Agreed, over priced, and a rip off of Wii.
6. Agreed, removing features from customers blows.
5. I guess this could be a fail if you look at PS3 vs PS2, but PS3 has outsold the 360. I would say no.
4. Agreed I guess, but not a big issue. The ports are marginally worse, barring a few standouts.
3. I can't say whether this is fail or not without knowing the monetary impact.
2. Same as #3. I doubt they expected the thing to sell like hotcakes.
1. Agreed, it was a disaster.

#1 should be the PS3 launch and pricepoint.

I wonder what happens to PS Move on Ps4..

Take my love, take my land..