By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Top 10 PlayStation Fails

Somini said:
Anfebious said:
Somini said:

You never bought anything? lol what does that mean? You had the console, but no games?

Sorry I meant to say I didn't buy anything digitally! Although at the time it happened it only had it only for about a month and had only the bundled game... xD

lol such a bad luck. You must've thought the system was not that good as you were just getting used to it, i imagine hahaha

Yeah but I didn't really liked it for it's online capabilites. Later I started to get games and it quickly became my main console this generation xD.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

Probably the best of the 3 lists.

I actually think PSP's original design should be higher than the PSP Go (while Go was a financial failure, as a concept I actually think it was alright). The PSP itself though; ugh. UMD's are just horrible and the analogue nub is rubbish. It's lucky to have done as well as it did.

My number 1:

Sony - PS3

(MS - X360 RRoD
Nintendo - Tie between N64 cartridges and dropping Wii concept for WiiU)

HoloDust said:
My number 1:

Sony - PS3

(MS - X360 RRoD

The whole console? It's hard to take you seriously like that!

"Primary Position" What does that mean? like being the same as the Xbox Controller?

Around the Network
gooch_destroyer said:
"Primary Position" What does that mean? like being the same as the Xbox Controller?

There was an article on it the other day. It seems some people like the DS3's layout more and some the Xbox's more. It's just a matter of preference i think. Something with the place were the thumbsticks are on the controller.

Somini said:
HoloDust said:
My number 1:

Sony - PS3

(MS - X360 RRoD

The whole console? It's hard to take you seriously like that!

Well, for start, a lot (if not most) people around here consider me Sony fan (which I acutally am not, though I lean mostly toward them when it comes to consoles), so you are free to think whatever you like...but I am dead serious.

As for your question - pretty much...it's badly engineered console that almost killed everything that Sony achieved with PS2, and if it wasn't for 360 RRoD, I suspect it would be much worse than it turned out at the end.

Somini said:
gooch_destroyer said:

There was an article on it the other day. It seems some people like the DS3's layout more and some the Xbox's more. It's just a matter of preference i think. Something with the place were the thumbsticks are on the controller.

They could buy some third party ones...

not buying Crash and Spyro.
allowing many "exclusive" franchises like Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy to go multiplat.
horrible Vita support.
599$.

RIIIIIIIDDDGGGE RAAACCCEEEERRRR

10. Early PS3 ads

Major Fail

9. Mascots

This is what makes PlayStation the best platform, they have something for everyone.

8. Controller layout

Total nonsense, it is personal preference. Although DS is symmetrical, and are hands.

7. Move

Move is the best motion controller currently available. The only fail here is not having support in KZ:SF which means I won’t be getting it day one.

6. Hardware downgrades

The market demanded lower prices and Sony did what had to be done to get to a price the people would pay. If people really wanted the things that were in the original 20/60 they would have paid the extra $100.

5. Price tag

I think this has a lot to do with #10. Sony failed to show people what PS3 was about until 2009. Better marketing, and $100 more expensive than X360 would not have been as big a deal. Also being a year behind MS was another major mistake.

4. Cell

Sony had always got away with wonky hardware due to market share. PS3 not dominating the market bit them in the ass hard. BUT, PS3 does not have half the RAM of the older 360, that is major misinformation.

3. UMD and Piracy

These really don’t belong together. UMD was a bad move IMO so i agree with the fail there. Piracy, every system suffers from this, and in all honesty it is the major thing that kept PSP viable.

2. PSP GO!

This thing lost no money and was a market barometer. No risk is no fail in my book.

1. The Hack

Big time fail on the way in which the handled the situation. As far as hacks go, there in no company that has not been hacked, they just usually, do a better job of handling the situation.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL