By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shuhei Yoshida: No Comment on 3DS Competition; Aims to Boost PS Vita With Games and PS4 Remote Play

happydolphin said:
pokoko said:

Well, no, I'm not going to "can" that kind of comment just because you don't like it, especially since it's true.  What Yoshida was saying had nothing to do with ANY of what you're saying.  I know what you want, I know why you're here, you want this to be 3DS vs. Vita, so you're going to do the best you can, like the OP, to turn this into that--despite the fact that the content, and the subject of Yoshida's comments, are totally and completely about their plans for the Vita.

Reread what Yoshida actually said then perhaps you'll realize that your little list is completely off-topic.

The problem with people who are by the book like yourself is that you lack vision and a bigger picture. You wanted truth.

You being who you are, this is what I expect.  If you can turn this into a epeen fight, you will.  The dualshockers flame-bait title has a bit to do with it, sure, but you probably would have taken it down this route regardless.  Congrats, though, as you've pretty much destroyed any hope this thread had of being about what Yoshida actually said.  I leave the wreckage in your hands to do with as you will.  I've already moved on.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
Euphoria14 said:
Wow, this topic totally went to shit real quick.

Not even sure if the actual subject matter has been touched upon yet.

when asked on what he plans to do to catch up to the 3DS.

"We don’t necessarily talk about catching up to the 3DS"

We're on topic and anyone who says otherwise totally missed the point of this thread.

I figured the point of the thread is what Yoshida was speaking about, which is what the current plans are to boost the sales of the PSVita. Not why people think he isn't wanting to sit there and compare Vita and 3DS in an interview.

But by all means go ahead and let's discuss what the interview said nothing about and i'll be the guy who doesn't understand the point of the thread and the words spoken in the interview.

I'm only stating this thread went downhill, which it did.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

pokoko said:
happydolphin said:
pokoko said:

Well, no, I'm not going to "can" that kind of comment just because you don't like it, especially since it's true.  What Yoshida was saying had nothing to do with ANY of what you're saying.  I know what you want, I know why you're here, you want this to be 3DS vs. Vita, so you're going to do the best you can, like the OP, to turn this into that--despite the fact that the content, and the subject of Yoshida's comments, are totally and completely about their plans for the Vita.

Reread what Yoshida actually said then perhaps you'll realize that your little list is completely off-topic.

The problem with people who are by the book like yourself is that you lack vision and a bigger picture. You wanted truth.

You being who you are, this is what I expect.  If you can turn this into a epeen fight, you will.  The dualshockers flame-bait title has a bit to do with it, sure, but you probably would have taken it down this route regardless.  Congrats, though, as you've pretty much destroyed any hope this thread had of being about what Yoshida actually said.  I leave the wreckage in your hands to do with as you will.  I've already moved on.

No, you have broken this thread a long time ago. People are discussing here something quite key to the OP.

Sony denies catching up to 3DS: the main point of the topic.

Shuhei then goes on to explain the specifics of the strategy of Sony going their own way.

However, the nagging question remains, and it's: if it didn't work before, why should it work now?

The definition of insanity is to repeat a failing procedure hoping for a different outcome. Is that the idea of this forum, where people don't consider the important questions?

If that's what you want, it's not the forum I joined. I joined when there were intelligent topics about topics that mattered in the industry.

Anyway, whatever.

happydolphin said:
Euphoria14 said:

We're on topic and anyone who says otherwise totally missed the point of this thread.

Sorry I just get frustrated with the attitudes I see in this thread.

Denial

Calling a topic off topic when it isn't

Not discussing business topics that matter.

Saying people have an agenda.

Sticking to strict semantics rather than understanding the bigger picture.

etc.

etc.

What attitude? Wanting to talk about the actual topic of his answers? The answers which are of Yoshida stating how they plan to increase the sales of the Vita?

You keep saying the topic is about catching up to the 3DS, meanwhile that was only an question by the interviewer and Yoshida answered by saying they don't necessarily  talk about catching up to it.

The actual meat of the interview and that question in particular is about how they intend to increase the Vita sales.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Euphoria14 said:
happydolphin said:
Euphoria14 said:

I figured the point of the thread is what Yoshida was speaking about, which is what the current plans are to boost the sales of the PSVita. Not why people think he isn't wanting to sit there and compare Vita and 3DS in an interview.

But by all means go ahead and let's discuss what the interview said nothing about and i'll be the guy who doesn't understand the point of the thread and the words spoken in the interview.

I'm only stating this thread went downhill, which it did.

You don't understand the thread because you don't want to. I think that's pretty clear. The heart of this OP is twofold:

1) We are not playing catch up with the 3DS.

2) The means to achieve a successful path that is all Vita's.

For 2, let me help you, here is what Sony plans on doing:

a) A hardware revision: For us to be able to provide better hardware, in our mind – the new PS Vita is slimmer and lighter, easier to hold, has some internal memory from the get-go, so it’s a bit more value

b) More games by virtue dedicated vita games, cross-platform connectivity and streaming services:  

"– but the important thing is to continue to provide great games and game experiences. The games can come not only from PS Vita’s dedicated games – Vita and PS4 are designed with each other in mind, to connect to each other. If you own a PS4, you can play PS4 games via remote play, and once we start the Gaikai service, you’ll be able to play PS3 games on PS Vita. We continue to add our services on PlayStation, and for PS Vita, the enjoyment and the sources of games will expand, not just from PS Vita dedicated games. Those are the strengths that we have on PS Vita compared to other products – it’s a device that you can use to enjoy PlayStation content from different sources."

Wao~

Around the Network

I don't see the PS Vita getting a huge boost because of PS4 remote play. I think the PSP reached decent sales thanks to the emulators you could put in it...

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

happydolphin said:
pokoko said:
happydolphin said:
pokoko said:

No, you have broken this thread a long time ago. People are discussing here something quite key to the OP.

Shuhei then goes on to explain the specifics of the strategy of Sony going their own way.

However, the nagging question remains, and it's: if it didn't work before, why should it work now?

The definition of insanity is to repeat a failing procedure hoping for a different outcome. Is that the idea of this forum, where people don't consider the important questions?

If that's what you want, it's not the forum I joined. I joined when there were intelligent topics about topics that mattered in the industry.

Anyway, whatever.

Forgive me if I am reading this wrong, but is this to say that the discussion me, Pokoko or anyone else on our line of thinking wants to have isn't intelligent?

I leave you to your superiority sir.

Currently playing:

happydolphin said:

You don't understand the thread because you don't want to. I think that's pretty clear. The heart of this OP is twofold:

1) We are not playing catch up with the 3DS.

2) The means to achieve a successful path that is all Vita's.

For 2, let me help you, here is what Sony plans on doing:

a) A hardware revision: For us to be able to provide better hardware, in our mind – the new PS Vita is slimmer and lighter, easier to hold, has some internal memory from the get-go, so it’s a bit more value

b) More games by virtue dedicated vita games, cross-platform connectivity and streaming services:  

"– but the important thing is to continue to provide great games and game experiences. The games can come not only from PS Vita’s dedicated games – Vita and PS4 are designed with each other in mind, to connect to each other. If you own a PS4, you can play PS4 games via remote play, and once we start the Gaikai service, you’ll be able to play PS3 games on PS Vita. We continue to add our services on PlayStation, and for PS Vita, the enjoyment and the sources of games will expand, not just from PS Vita dedicated games. Those are the strengths that we have on PS Vita compared to other products – it’s a device that you can use to enjoy PlayStation content from different sources."

Wao~

Yes, you are right and everyone else is wrong. We got that already.

People want to discuss the other portion of the answer. The part that is 95% of the answer. Obviously that is wrong.

So I will leave the thread as it is clear any of my contributions will just be belittled, as shown with you claiming I don't understand how to interpret the words written in the interview.

Thanks though. I will try to better myself for the next go round.

Currently playing:

Anfebious said:
I don't see the PS Vita getting a huge boost because of PS4 remote play. I think the PSP reached decent sales thanks to the emulators you could put in it...

Same I don't see myself or many others running out to get a Veeta just for remote play, it's definitely a nice feature if you already have a Vita and want to cross play with the upcoming PS4. Veeeta just targets the completely wrong demographic and now Sony paying for its mistakes.

happydolphin said:
pokoko said:

Anyway, whatever.

You know, I almost feel like I owe you an apology.  Maybe you weren't really trying to derail this thread.  Instead, it appears your reading comprehension skills and ability to understand context are just really, really bad.

Either that, or you're just reading what you want to read, regardless of what was actually intended.