By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii production to end in Japan

foxtail said:

I do agree with your point that game development time & cost are one reason we don't see as many post gen games for older systems, and did enjoy reading the rest of your post.

But if you ignore 3rd party games, even the list of PS2 games released after the PS3 looks less than impressive.

From the Sony 1st party studios there were:

• lots of Sports games,
  • some late Japanese ports/re-releases,
  • and games that shared PSP development.  

The only post PS3 Sony game made exclusively for the PS2 that I can remember is God of War II, though I'm probably forgetting some..

Was there any other big Sony 1st party PS2 games released that were not already available in some form before November 2006, or also not available on the PSP?

Bit off topic but think about Sega porting some of its bigger Mega Drive games (Streets of Rage, Sonic, Altered Beast) to the Master System, lol.

No idea to be honest, maybe your right. I guess the reason Sony is so successful with their older consoles once the next gen is out is because of pushing them in developing markets? Didn't PS2 go on the sell an additional 30-40m after the PS3 launch? Quite amazing when you think of what XBox and GC sold lifetime.

One interesting point none of us have touched on is backwards compatibility. Maybe the PS2 continued to sell so well because the PS3 wasn't (fully) backwards compatible and with the Wii U being B/C its surely within Nintendos interest to get the Wii off the market and push that function of the Wii U.

Around the Network

They still won this gen.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:
They still won this gen.

Shoudn't we wait final shipments for PS3 and xbox360? (maybe in 2015).

Please explain what you mean.

Persona 5 on PS3, I won't need next gen!

Rankstrail said:
Anfebious said:
They still won this gen.

We could wait but the gen is over once the next generation comes! Still it doesn't matter how much it sold, the important thing is the games it brought us! The wii had some of the best games this generation if not the best!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:
Rankstrail said:
Anfebious said:
They still won this gen.

We could wait but the gen is over once the next generation comes! Still it doesn't matter how much it sold, the important thing is the games it brought us! The wii had some of the best games this generation if not the best!

That's your theory,

I also think the opposite about Wii games, well, don't bother.

Have a nice day

ps: of course as my avatar suggests I am still interested in Xenogames, but never got a Wii for that, I'll ask a friend to borrow the console I guess, since it will be out of stock

Around the Network
Rankstrail said:
Anfebious said:

That's your theory,

Have a nice day

ps: of course as my avatar suggests I am still interested in Xenogames, but never got a Wii for that, I'll ask a friend to borrow the console I guess, since it will be out of stock

Well even without my theory I doubt they could reach the wii sales!

Really? Not even Super Mario Galaxy?

Yeah you should try Xenoblade, it's one of the best RPG of this gen

Anfebious said:
Rankstrail said:
Anfebious said:

That's your theory,

Have a nice day

Sorry, I'm not a fan, never tried that, I'll add that to the list when I buy/someone borrows me a Wii.
Will I need the alternative controller to have a good time with Xenoblade? (wiimote+nunk good for that game?) I tried that for a few minutes at a videogames exposition and wasn't sure if it was comfortable for that particular game, since it doesn't use gyros and IR (am I wrong?)

Rankstrail said:
Anfebious said:

Sorry, I'm not a fan, never tried that, I'll add that to the list when I buy/someone borrows me a Wii.
Will I need the alternative controller to have a good time with Xenoblade? (wiimote+nunk good for that game?) I tried that for a few minutes at a videogames exposition and wasn't sure if it was comfortable for that particular game, since it doesn't use gyros and IR (am I wrong?)

I am currently playing it with the Wii Mote + Nunchuck! I find it comfortable but I never have problems with controls. If not you can use the Classic controller! The game is awesome though, I hope you get to play it!

Thank you, the main problem for not getting a Wii (very cheap now) is I don't have space for that to be an always connected device, also because number of component inputs is very limited in every TV. Taking that in and out of the drawer looks better if it's not mine, because it implies it is only a temporary fix, I played Gamecube like that, fortunately Nintendo consoles are very small Is Xenoblade 2  coming soon?

Rankstrail said:

Thank you, the main problem for not getting a Wii (very cheap now) is I don't have space for that to be an always connected device, also because number of component inputs is very limited in every TV. Taking that in and out of the drawer looks better if it's not mine, because it implies it is only a temporary fix, I played Gamecube like that, fortunately Nintendo consoles are very small Is Xenoblade 2  coming soon?

So that's the problem! Well at least you have someone who can lend the Wii to you right? Xenoblade is coming next year I think so you have time to think about the Wii U. Or you can do the same you do with the Wii and ask a friend to lend it to you!