By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - NHL thread: Updated standings!

Tagged games:

Are suspensions getting ridiculous?

Yes 26 45.61%

No 27 47.37%

Total:53

Shutout by Price! I have to admit that after Saturday's beating I was'nt feeling super confident (but never lost hope). Now we are at game 7. Habs deserved a major props for getting this far, for a team that all analysts thought would get destroyed by the Bs, now anything is possible.

Go Habs Go!

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Around the Network
Metrium said:
Shutout by Price! I have to admit that after Saturday's beating I was'nt feeling super confident (but never lost hope). Now we are at game 7. Habs deserved a major props for getting this far, for a team that all analysts thought would get destroyed by the Bs, now anything is possible.

Go Habs Go!

rooting for Habs, Pens, Kings, and Wild.  So far Pens and Habs are the only ones even guaranteed game 7s.  Really disappointed with the Pens and Kings letting teams back into their series and now having the odds stacked against them though :(

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

I used to post in these threads all the time, good to see they're still around.

Pretty obvious who I cheer for. Looking forward to game 7... definitely seems like Boston has the advantage playing at home, but you never know till you play it.

Metrium said:

Go Habs Go!

On paper doesn't mean anything when it comes to B's/Habs hockey.  Those two teams always play each other like it's the Cup finals.  Always very very entertaining.  Hopefully the B's can pull it out at home!

P.K. Subban on Gm 7: "I can’t wait for the crowd, the noise, the energy in the building. I can’t wait to take that all away from them.”

I'm finding it harder and harder to not like this guy. Great showing by the Habs so far, hope you guys complete the upset tomorrow night, that would be pretty great.

Around the Network

Woohoo, Pens down. Good job Rangers!

mornelithe said:

not sure why a Bruins fan would dislike the Pens you guys did pretty well against us last year lol

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

platformmaster918 said:
mornelithe said:

not sure why a Bruins fan would dislike the Pens you guys did pretty well against us last year lol

I think the Rangers series is a much better one, Pens had their chance last year.   Of course, it's still up in the air if the Bruins can pull it out, no matter how good they are, the Habs just know how to play 'em tough and who the hell knows what'll happen.  Personally, the only real reason I want the Bruins to go all the way this year is to get Iggy a Cup, otherwise they got one pretty recently, so not a huge deal to me.  I know, I'm a strange fan.

mornelithe said:
platformmaster918 said:
mornelithe said:

I think the Rangers series is a much better one, Pens had their chance last year.   Of course, it's still up in the air if the Bruins can pull it out, no matter how good they are, the Habs just know how to play 'em tough and who the hell knows what'll happen.  Personally, the only real reason I want the Bruins to go all the way this year is to get Iggy a Cup, otherwise they got one pretty recently, so not a huge deal to me.  I know, I'm a strange fan.

Tell me about it.  Every time people get depressed around me or say how much Ben, Fleury, Sid, Geno, etc. suck after a Pittsburgh team loses I just think of all the fans who have NEVER seen their team win a Stanley Cup or a Superbowl.  I've seen three and I'm pretty damn happy!  Especially because most of the fans I have to deal with are Philly fans who have never seen their team win lol (I never start stuff with them but once they start stuff I don't hold back with the heartbreak).

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Crawford was something else last night. I truly felt the Wild should have had that and forced a game 7 but when an unlucky bounce ends up on Kane's stick... there isn't much you can do.