By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - NHL thread: Updated standings!

Tagged games:

Are suspensions getting ridiculous?

Yes 26 45.61%

No 27 47.37%

Total:53

Hey, I'm just trying to have some fun around here

Around the Network
hollabackenny said:

Well, I can only bump it so many time and if no one bites your offer than We failed. lol

I will predict one and then the others if people do it. 

Boston in 4. We need Detroit in the sewer, where they belong. 

chocoloco said:
hollabackenny said:

Well, I can only bump it so many time and if no one bites your offer than We failed. lol

I will predict one and then the others if people do it. 

Boston in 4. We need Detroit in the sewer, where they belong. 

Count me in. Here are my quick picks for the first round.

Bold + Underscore= Winner

COL vs. MIN in 5 games.

STL vs. CHI in 6 games.

ANA vs. DAL in 7 games.

SJ vs. LA in 5 games.

BOS vs. DET in 7 games.

TB vs. MTL in 7 games.

PIT vs. CBJ in 4 games.

NY vs. PHI in 5 games.

Here are my picks for the first round (winner first to make it easy):

MIN over COL in 6
STL over CHI in 6
ANA over DAL in 5
SJ over LA in 7
BOS over DET in 6
MTL over TB in 5
CBJ over PIT in 6
NY over PHI in 7

COL vs. MIN in 5 games.

STL vs. CHI in 7 games.Lots of injuries in St. Louis, and the Blues were on a free fall of losses to end the season. 

ANA vs. DAL in 5 games.

SJ vs. LA in 5 games. Everybody seems to hate Dutin Brown and many other LA players for being dirty. I just think the Sharks are a funner team to play and watch. 

BOS vs. DET in 4 games. Detroit barely made it and Boston are the defending East champs and President trophy winners. 

TB vs. MTL in 7 games.

PIT vs. CBJ in 4 games. Rooting for the Jackets with little hope to be appeased. 

NY vs. PHI in 6 games. King Henry, enough said. 

Around the Network

Minnesota over Colorado in 6 games
St. Louis over Chicago in 7
Anaheim over Dallas in 5
LA over San Jose in 6

Boston over Detroit in 7
Montreal over Tampa in 5
Pittsburgh over Columbus in 6
Philadelphia over New York in 5

Montreal impressive, Dallas showed good bite, but will have a though time against the Ducks, and Pittsburgh showing weakness. Can't wait for tomorrow

I caught the OT for Tampa and Montreal and it was great. Will probably pay more attention to that series if the games are all around that fun to watch.

Playoffs are fun, no doubt about that. Early signs are promising, and some trends are starting to appear.

Chicago - St. Louis series will be excellent just as billed. You have to wonder if the Blackhawks will be handed a better chance to win in St. Loius than last night...

Kings will have to figure out how to contain the speed of the Sharks or they are going to be done in 4. It will be absolutely crucial for the Kings to score first. When they push the D up, they got run out of the building.

Colorado continue their fly by the seat play of the regular season. Extremely fortunate to come out with a win at home against the only team with comparably bad possession numbers. Avs fans probably excited today, but if they make it out of the first round, they will get destroyed by any other team in the West.

Finally, the way the game was called in New York doesn't bode well for the Flyers. They have to dominate physically to have a chance against the Rangers but they were slapped down last night trying to play 'Flyers hockey'. This series is wide open though.

that was a game the blackhawks should have won.