By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Just shut down the U.S Government already!

Let me get this straight, are you telling me that obama doesn't have to have obama care?

Around the Network

Obama-care isn't the actual name of the health plan. I just hope they resolve this quickly, if they shutdown for a few days then no big deal but if it goes on for lets say 3 weeks then it will start to hurt our economy etc....

Obamacare ? More like Obamney care LMAO.

On-Topic: There are somethings that I don't approve of the U.S government but I wouldn't outright shut it down.

Just as long as they dodge the debt ceiling. That's either going to end in global recession, government bankruptcy, or a constitutional crisis if Obama takes extraordinary measures to avert either.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
Just as long as they dodge the debt ceiling. That's either going to end in global recession, government bankruptcy, or a constitutional crisis if Obama takes extraordinary measures to avert either.

No one is going to dodge the debt ceilings cause both of the major parties have being lobbied by corporations LOL. BTW Obama isn't going to do jack shit to it. 

Around the Network

The debt ceiling is just a ticking time bomb for our country.

I am enlisted in the AF so this may affect my pay in the future but I agree government spending is entirely out of hand. It is a shame congress will not be affected by the shutdown.

spurgeonryan said:
He would rather have the country collapse than make concessions about his baby.

You really think "concessions" are what is desired here?  There is no middle ground when half want something and half flat out do not want it.  The debate over this was heated and deeply divided people for the years it went on.  The Yeas beats the Nays.  The people throwing the temper tantrum are those that lost the vote.

We all see tax dollars go to things we dislike, do not approve of, or voted against.  It is how democracies and/or republics often work.  I don't like seeing 700 billion go to the military ever year, I think Social Security needs a major reform, but I wouldn't shut down the government to make that point. I'd propose bills and try to adjust how spending is allocated. If I failed, I would be an adult and deal with it.   Those people would "rather have the country collapse than make concessions".

I have a relative who works at a VA hospital. If the government shuts down she won't be getting a paycheck. I really hope it doesn't come to that.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

AdventWolf said:
I am enlisted in the AF so this may affect my pay in the future but I agree government spending is entirely out of hand. It is a shame congress will not be affected by the shutdown.

This is why they even consider this.  Imagine every representative in govenrment suddenly stopped collecting paychecks, lost all their benefits (including socialized healthcare) and travel.  Yeah, last time they pulled this stuffed and found be mildly inconvienced they found a way to not forlough the FAA.  Funny how when cuts affect you it seems more painful than others.