By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - John Rambo / Cloverfield / Into the wild : good or bad ?

Best war film(for me) is a film called Brotherhood(also goes by Brotherhood of War in some countries)...It's an epic South Korean war movie about an older brother trying to protect his younger brother after they both get conscripted into the army...It's obviously inspired by Saving Private Ryan but for me it's a much better movie...Speilberg always seems to drown his movies in sentimentality..plus, i'm am NOT a fan of Tom Hanks

Thanks for the heads up on Rambo...i'll watch it when it comes to cable...

Playing: Borderlands(great co-op,HUGE amount of content),Too Human(better late than never lol),Saints Row 3(Penetrator ftw),Minecraft 360,Harry Potter Lego. 

Patiently waiting for:  Tomb Raider, Borderlands 2

Around the Network

I really liked cloverfield, but i followed the viral marketing campaign before and this might change something.
Still to watch these other two.

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

Clovefield is HORRIBLE!!!! save your money

into the wild is my favorite movie of the year so far.
I see almost every movie that comes out, so that is saying something.

(This is because I get free movie tickets to every movie that I see, have for years. My girlfriends mom works at the movie theater)

I also thought Cloverfield was very good.

as a point of reference, on average I dislike most movies, so these two are actually worth seeing to me. But then again.. what isn't.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

I say Rambo and it made me sad because that stuff is happening in Burma every day.

Around the Network

I liked cloverfield, haven't seen the others

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

I liked Cloverfield. The humor in it was well-placed, the action sequences were amazing, and some things were quite surprising(not scary, mind you). Most people hated the ending, but I loved it. Also, the romantic element is quite sweet as well... but i'm a sucker for romance in action movies. =P

Cloverfield was above average. Rambo was as bad as expected. Never seen Into the Wild.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Rambo is legendary

Cloverfiels is awesome.