By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 'Forced Camera Anti-Consumer' Says Sony

Tagged games:

crissindahouse said:
Max King of the Wild said:
crissindahouse said:

i believe blu-ray was the most expensive part of the whole ps3. like 300 bucks production costs or something like that.

I believe it was that expensive. But they could have still included it and had launched a ps3 sub 500 dollar still. Thats the point that phinch made. There were many contributing factors that increased price. If they went wirh a better cpu/gpu combo they could have even kept those extra bells and whistles and had sub 500 dollar price.

well, one thing is for sure, if sony would have sold the same console just with dvd instead of blu-ray, they would have had some hundred bucks less costs per console and could have sold the console for less. and i'm sure many consumers (if not most) would have liked the idea to get almost the same console just with a dvd drive.

i would never say that sony did something consumer unfriendly but if sony really wants to tell us that a forced cam for everyone (it's not as if people have to buy an xbox one) is anti-consumer they should call themselves out for it as well with their ps3 they sell right now to us. 

you shoukd read op. Sony said no such thing as pointed out by me at ffirst the immediatly after joe the bro then kitler

Around the Network
Seriously, you guys arguing about blueray is like if someone said, "ps4/360 dont need 4gb of RAM because the Wii U shows you can only use 1gb." Its a natural progression and ram and disc drives are a required component unlike kinect. It really is that easy

From what we currently know, yes Kinect is not a required component for gaming on the XBO. Just like we know now that the Blu-Ray drive was not a required component on the PS3 (because a DVD drive would have worked just fine).

Signature goes here!

And 1gb... hell 256mb is enough for gaming too so ms and sony are triple fucking their consumer /sarcasm

So BR was unnecessary feature....? Did anyone remember how many ppl talk about how everybody use PS3 just to watch movies?....

Did anyone can explain how the media to store the game can be a unnecessary feature? ....i mean, Lunch Games make full use of BR disc...so

BR is the media format that replace the DVD ....so did anyone can explain how can be a unnecessary feature?

What next?.....Ppl talking about why SONY put WIFI in Ps3....if they can just use a Cheap 56k Dial Up modem .....

If ppl want to play Xbone using Kinect go and buy it and if you dont want to use it Kinect....You gonna Buy it Anyway .... LOL

If you buy a Ps4 you can decide to buy it or not.

you shoukd read op. Sony said no such thing as pointed out by me at ffirst the immediatly after joe the bro then kitler

yes, it's "against consumer choice" but it's pretty much the same. if they think this is against consumer choice i say it was also against most peoples choice to pay for blu-ray excpet for those who also wanted to buy blu-ray movies or a few who think it's too much to swap the disc of a few games after 20 hours of gameplay...

Around the Network

If you really want to, pretty much any feature could be seen as against consumer choice. "If I don't want it I shouldn't have to pay for it."

MS has made Kinect an integral part of the Xbone system. It may not be physically built into the machine (because that would be against consumer choice, forcing people to place their consoles in awkward and risky positions to be able to use the Kinect) but it's still part of the console. It's part of the Xbone, and it wouldn't make sense for MS to not include it.

To me the HDD is more anti-choice (and it's still stretching it), because you're forced to pay for a 500GB drive that you may have to switch out rather soon if you're planning on getting a lot of digital content. Why can't you buy a system without HDD and just get the drive you need from the start?

And don't get me started on proprietary storage...

crissindahouse said:

yes, it's "against consumer choice" but it's pretty much the same. if they think this is against consumer choice i say it was also against most peoples choice to pay for blu-ray excpet for those who also wanted to buy blu-ray movies or a few who think it's too much to swap the disc of a few games after 20 hours of gameplay...

But you shouldn't expect him to call out his own company's products when he's not calling out anyone else's.  Didn't see any mention of the One, just the reason the PS4 originally had a packed in camera and why it didn't after.  If he then said "like those guys at MS" then yes he should also take the blame for similar issues Sony have with products they've sold.  

Funny thing that Sony considered to include the camera on every PS4.

if sony is so customer choice then how come the customer doesnt have the choice to turn off the now useless (unless you buy the separate camra attachment) led light on the controller

And 1gb... hell 256mb is enough for gaming too so ms and sony are triple fucking their consumer /sarcasm

how many percent of potential xbox one consumers want kinect 2 as part of every xbox one?

how many percent of potential ps3 consumers did want blu-ray as part of ps3?

how many people would want 1gb instead of 256mb ram of a potential console? 

see, i don't know the percentages but i can imagine how it is/was.