By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 'Forced Camera Anti-Consumer' Says Sony

Tagged games:

Max King of the Wild said:
TruckOSaurus said:

The 360 proved that you didn't need a Blu-Ray player for games in the 7th gen so Sony made everyone pay for the Blu-Ray drive when it wasn't necessary. That's my point.

Yes, but unlike the kinect without a disc drive the console is nonfuntioning. It was a format choice that needed to made. The comparison is absurd

No, it's not. Without the Blu-Ray drive, the PS3 would have had a DVD drive and it would have worked just fine. The consummer paid extra for a feature that wasn't 100% required.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:

i believe blu-ray was the most expensive part of the whole ps3. like 300 bucks production costs or something like that.

I believe it was that expensive. But they could have still included it and had launched a ps3 sub 500 dollar still. Thats the point that phinch made. There were many contributing factors that increased price. If they went wirh a better cpu/gpu combo they could have even kept those extra bells and whistles and had sub 500 dollar price.

RolStoppable said:
My thoughts on this are that Gera made an admission that the Vita is not a consumer-friendly product, because Sony forced a proprietary storage format on the market instead of giving consumers the choice to buy common SD cards from any company they want to.

PR is a double-edged sword.

Not to mention the pseye and move, which are options and will be left like that, for a richer experience almost nobody wants.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

TruckOSaurus said:

No, it's not. Without the Blu-Ray drive, the PS3 would have had a DVD drive and it would have worked just fine. The consummer paid extra for a feature that wasn't 100% required.

Wow, just wow... did i say bluray drive? No i was very careful what word i used. Please stop responding to me

TruckOSaurus said:

Wow, just wow... did i say bluray drive? No i was very careful what word i used. Please stop responding to me

Sorry about that but I guess that means we agree on the fact that Sony chose to include an unnecessary feature which drove up the cost of their machine like Microsoft is doing with the XBO.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:

i believe blu-ray was the most expensive part of the whole ps3. like 300 bucks production costs or something like that.

I believe it was that expensive. But they could have still included it and had launched a ps3 sub 500 dollar still. Thats the point that phinch made. There were many contributing factors that increased price. If they went wirh a better cpu/gpu combo they could have even kept those extra bells and whistles and had sub 500 dollar price.

well, one thing is for sure, if sony would have sold the same console just with dvd instead of blu-ray, they would have had some hundred bucks less costs per console and could have sold the console for less. and i'm sure many consumers (if not most) would have liked the idea to get almost the same console just with a dvd drive.

i would never say that sony did something consumer unfriendly but if sony really wants to tell us that a forced cam for everyone (it's not as if people have to buy an xbox one) is anti-consumer they should call themselves out for it as well with their ps3 they sell right now to us. 

Darth Tigris said:
No more so than forcing Blu Ray last gen. Gotta love hypocrisy.

And sony paid their price for doing so.

Seriously, you guys arguing about blueray is like if someone said, "ps4/360 dont need 4gb of RAM because the Wii U shows you can only use 1gb." Its a natural progression and ram and disc drives are a required component unlike kinect. It really is that easy

Talal said:
Talal said:

Even if it was everyone does it. Sony forced Bluray. Nintendo forced Wii mote or whatever. It's part of the product that they are offering if you do not like that offer look for alternatives. Since when has companies including something that not everyone wants been frowned upon?

sorry but wii mote and kinect arent even comparable. The kinect is not needed to play a game but is packed in no matter what. Wiimote was included but its how you played the game. Thats like saying phones force you to have a speaker and mic.

Okay, outside gaming then. Why do some car manufacturers make cars with forced seat heating/cooling? Why do some cars have forced sensors? Why do some force you to have their infotainment system? Why does no one ever complain from those? 

I don't like Kinect at all and I'd rather have my console without it, but this stuff happens all the time there's no reason to pick on MS only.

Because you have a choice. Like 100 different car manufacturers. In gaming consoles world there are only 3 companies left

Seriously, you guys arguing about blueray is like if someone said, "ps4/360 dont need 4gb of RAM because the Wii U shows you can only use 1gb." Its a natural progression and ram and disc drives are a required component unlike kinect. It really is that easy