By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NBA Live 14 vs. NBA 2k14 (Poll)

Tagged games:

Which one will you get NBA 2k14 or NBA Live 14 ?

NBA 2k14 114 61.29%

NBA Live 14 44 23.66%

I will skip both 26 13.98%

Total:184

EA will exit basketball again after this year. There is a reason why they haven't made a NBA Live in a long time.  They can't compete against 2K in basketball.

Around the Network
yum123 said:
ive always much preferred live, just dont really like the 2k bball games

Why?  Back in early 2000s I always thought Live players moved like shit.  They looked like they ran with their knees going up way high/unrealistic movements.  Live always looked terrible compared to NBA 2K.  I also preferred NBA 2K gameplay over Live.  I am probably a little biased though considering I don't like EA that much but it was obvious that 2K games were better than Live games during the early 2000s.

sethnintendo said:
yum123 said:

Why?  Back in early 2000s I always thought Live players moved like shit.  They looked like they ran with their knees going up way high/unrealistic movements.  Live always looked terrible compared to NBA 2K.  I also preferred NBA 2K gameplay over Live.  I am probably a little biased though considering I don't like EA that much but it was obvious that 2K games were better than Live games during the early 2000s.

I cant remember about specifics but ive always just found them more fun

yum123 said:
sethnintendo said:
yum123 said:

I cant remember about specifics but ive always just found them more fun

Ah, I always thought the passing looked terrible on Live and other body movements.  To each their own though.  I will not hold it against you if you prefer Live over 2K.  However, EA had to exit NBA due to terrible sales so most people prefer 2K over Live.  I'm surprised that they are actually releasing a Live this year.  I'll be even more surprised if they release another one next year.

Given that EA has continually cancelled there Live games that last few years, you have to give 2K the edge. It's too bad the NFL insists on exclusive licenses. Who knows how good the NFL 2K franchise would be right now.

Around the Network

NBA 2K was and is the better series going back to the first game on the Dreamcast all the 2K looked and played better then their Live conterparts.  The last Live games I enjoyed where Live 05 and 06 not because they where great games but because they where super easy but if you want to play a realistic basketball game 2K is always the better option.  The only one that was somewhat unrealistic was the first 2K game on the Dreamcast which made throwing alley-oops way to easy but it was still more realistic then most Live games pretty much all of them play more like arcade games then sims.

That trailer doesn't do much for me given it's CGI rather than gameplay. 2K13 was great fun and I'm inclined to stick with that franchise. Though I'm not an annual franchise buyer, so I'm more likely to not buy any basketball game until 2K16.

2K13 did glitch on me on the final game of the championship of my rookie year. So I put the game down and didn't pick it back up. If it hadn't been for the glitch I probably would have put in at least 3 seasons before moving on to something else.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

sethnintendo said:

EA will exit basketball again after this year. There is a reason why they haven't made a NBA Live in a long time.  They can't compete against 2K in basketball.

My thoughts exactly. I have no idea why EA is even giving this another go, seems like wasted resources

I was an NBA Live kid, the only 2k games i bought were 11 and 12. If NBA Live has a return to form im all in

since i saw that nba 2k13 cost only 3 bucks not even a year after release on steam (well, gmg) i would say nba 2k14 anytime next year