By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you think the Vita TV can save the PS Vita?

hiimnew said:
How will Vita TV do well in japan since they are mostly after handhelds?

If vita, as a handheld isn't doing amazing in japan how will the vita tv?

I don't see it being a success in Japan, maybe in the west though.

that $99 price helps big time and it does multiple things! It'll sell well, especially in the west!

Around the Network
PlayMatt said:
curl-6 said:
PlayMatt said:
curl-6 said:
PlayMatt said:

It's still a Video-Game, it doesn't matter if you can play it at your home, hotel or bus.

Using YOUR own words:

Yes, it's still a PS VITA, because the hardware has not been altered.

The hardware has been altered though.

Just like 3DS -> 3DS XL -> 2DS

The 3DS, 3DS XL, and 2DS are all handhelds  though.

Ok just tell me what a handheld is, is it a video-game? Tell me what a home console is, is it a video-game?

Ok, so I will be more resonable PS Vita TV SHOULDN'T be counted on the Handhelds charts as it's not a handheld.

But that's a subchart and in the PLatform totals they should combine PS vita + PS Vita TV because they are the same platform to play those softwares... agree?

A handheld is system designed for portability. A console is designed to sit by your TV and play on that.

It's obvious we're not going to agree though, so we may as well agree to disagree.

I think we are seeing phones replace handhelds for most situations. I think of the 3DS as a kid's portable (no offense intended for adults that play it - yall enjoy your games) but I think that's the target market.

And with everyone carrying a powerful phone, I just don't see a big market for a something like the Vita in the US. With the PS4 launch, I think they will be over-saturate the market and confuse customers if they release the Vita TV. But as other said, there is too many alternatives.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

curl-6 said:
PlayMatt said:
curl-6 said:
PlayMatt said:
curl-6 said:
PlayMatt said:

It's still a Video-Game, it doesn't matter if you can play it at your home, hotel or bus.

Using YOUR own words:

Yes, it's still a PS VITA, because the hardware has not been altered.

The hardware has been altered though.

Just like 3DS -> 3DS XL -> 2DS

The 3DS, 3DS XL, and 2DS are all handhelds  though.

Ok just tell me what a handheld is, is it a video-game? Tell me what a home console is, is it a video-game?

Ok, so I will be more resonable PS Vita TV SHOULDN'T be counted on the Handhelds charts as it's not a handheld.

But that's a subchart and in the PLatform totals they should combine PS vita + PS Vita TV because they are the same platform to play those softwares... agree?

A handheld is system designed for portability. A console is designed to sit by your TV and play on that.

It's obvious we're not going to agree though, so we may as well agree to disagree.

Stop qouting me if you're not even gonna read what I write.

PS Vita TV is not a handheld and should not be counted as one. So on the Handheld chart only PS Vita hardware should be counted

But in the Platform Totals (http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/their numbers should be counted together, as NEITHER HANDHELD OR CONSOLE ARE EXCLUDED from the list, any core gaming device is in it! As it's the same platform and shares the same software during the active timeline of PS Vita... PS Vita Platform manages to be in both Handheld and Console. If not taken like this, PS Vita TV or PS Vita can have a tie-ratio bigger then 100%! PS Vita TV is gonna be released with more then 100% software Tie-Ratio on it.

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

PlayMatt said:

PS Vita TV is not a handheld and should not be counted as one. So on the Handheld chart only PS Vita hardware should be counted

But in the Platform Totals (http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/their numbers should be counted together, as NEITHER HANDHELD OR CONSOLE ARE EXCLUDED from the list, any core gaming device is in it! As it's the same platform and shares the same software during the active timeline of PS Vita... PS Vita Platform manages to be in both Handheld and Console. If not taken like this, PS Vita TV or PS Vita can have a tie-ratio bigger then 100%! PS Vita TV is gonna be released with more then 100% software Tie-Ratio on it.

I do think as well that they should combine them in the platform totals. I wonder if Media Create will be tracking it in the week of Nov 14-21...Do you know if they will?

Anyways, this better make a strong debut in Japan. So it can make it to the West and Europe where it's guaranteed to do even better.

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

Around the Network
I do think as well that they should combine them in the platform totals. I wonder if Media Create will be tracking it in the week of Nov 14-21...Do you know if they will?

Anyways, this better make a strong debut in Japan. So it can make it to the West and Europe where it's guaranteed to do even better.

uhh, I guess they better do... I mean it's a Sony console and it did great on the preorders at Amazon!... I don't think there's a reason to not track it...

If they don't track it, I will...

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

PlayMatt said:

uhh, I guess they better do... I mean it's a Sony console and it did great on the preorders at Amazon!... I don't think there's a reason to not track it...

If they don't track it, I will...

lol

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

PlayMatt said:
curl-6 said:
PlayMatt said:

Wii U plays Wii software, doesn't mean it's the same system.

tbone51 said:
hiimnew said:
How will Vita TV do well in japan since they are mostly after handhelds?

If vita, as a handheld isn't doing amazing in japan how will the vita tv?

I don't see it being a success in Japan, maybe in the west though.

that $99 price helps big time and it does multiple things! It'll sell well, especially in the west!

I think people would be more inclined to buy a ps3 or a wii, which is probably around $100 in Japan.  I guess time will tell

curl-6 said:

Wii U plays Wii software, doesn't mean it's the same system.

I'm sorry but that is just the stupidest response. Wii doesn't play Wii U software, off course it's not the same system.