By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Buy Professor Layton and the Curious Village Thread!

celine said:
On the official US site you can find a demo of Professor Layton and the curious village.
So you can try it and find if you are interest in it :
http://professorlaytonds.com/

I'm very excited about this game ( but I'm european so I must wait ... )

Thanks much celine.  I added it to the topic.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
celine said:
On the official US site you can find a demo of Professor Layton and the curious village.
So you can try it and find if you are interest in it :
http://professorlaytonds.com/

I'm very excited about this game ( but I'm european so I must wait ... )

Thanks much celine. I added it to the topic.

Nothing.

The demo is short basically it show you a cinematic sequence, a puzzle ( that i found interesting ) and the premise of the story.

Great music and art style. 

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

I won't bother watching the video as I'm already interested in the game. I'm a bit iffy though, so I'll probably just rent it first.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
I won't bother watching the video as I'm already interested in the game. I'm a bit iffy though, so I'll probably just rent it first.

If you're iffy try the demo.  No reason to pay for a rental.  The investigation/adventure portions of the game are point and click with the stylus.  You'll find coins, clues, etc. while investigating.  That part is very much like Phoenix Wright.  I'm really having a blast now. 

--OkeyDokey-- said:

Maybe the small demo you can find here ( http://professorlaytonds.com/ ) could resolve your doubts ...

EDIT : Darn , Naz anticipated me.

@Rol

Now I dislike chickens

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

If you're iffy try the demo.  No reason to pay for a rental.  The investigation/adventure portions of the game are point and click with the stylus.  You'll find coins, clues, etc. while investigating.  That part is very much like Phoenix Wright.  I'm really having a blast now. 

The demo site has stopped loading at 41%. doesn't look like its going anywhere, guess I'll refresh the page.

and congratulations on hitting 6000 posts :)

>:(
every time I refresh or click on the link again, it's still stuck on 41%.

EDIT: all good now.

The guy at gonintendo's been hyping it up for awhile and it got me pretty interested in it. I think it'll be worth the $30, once I finish some of my other games. I have a huge backlog of games.

It's awesome how Japanese developers always manage to create idealistic European settings in a charming way like Europeans never could (The Citroen 2CV in the intro - great!). Miyazaki's beautiful Mediterranean setting in Porco Rosso comes to my mind.

I love this game for the artistic style alone.

BTW: My favorite name of a Japanese game at the moment: "Söldner X: Himmelsstürmer"

okr said:

BTW: My favorite name of a Japanese game at the moment: "Söldner X: Himmelsstürmer"

Soldner was developed by a german team.