By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Buy Professor Layton and the Curious Village Thread!

RolStoppable said:

I checked the online stores where I usually order my games from and the official website. I don't think that the game got a different name for Europe.

If there's nothing more to the gameplay, okay. Not sure if and when I am going to buy this game (if it is even released here), it doesn't seem to be the sort of game I am willing to pay €40 for. These games lack replay value, so I am waiting for them to drop in price a little.

There is a new puzzle introduced every week via DLC.  So, it's got more replay than average.

@ Wenlan, I just turned on my brand new copy.  I'm about 5 minutes in.  Too early to say much.  The first puzzle was clever, the voice acting is good, the music and style are great.  The plot seems intriguing.   

Around the Network

The windmill bit at the end there clinched it for me, I really considering picking up a copy next time I'm out.

I have to ask though, does anyone know the difficulty of the puzzles? I wouldn't mind if they're a bit challenging, but I've had enough edutainment type games forced on me as a kid to last a life time.

Now if it's in the same vein as the Phoenix Wright games I'd pick it up in an instant.

CIHYFS?

BCrayfish said:
The windmill bit at the end there clinched it for me, I really considering picking up a copy next time I'm out.

I have to ask though, does anyone know the difficulty of the puzzles? I wouldn't mind if they're a bit challenging, but I've had enough edutainment type games forced on me as a kid to last a life time.

Now if it's in the same vein as the Phoenix Wright games I'd pick it up in an instant.

They aren't going to be math or anything. The first one was a maze of sorts, where you had to indentify which village was the right one based on a clue. The clue was "My village is on a road that leads to no others" and you had a map with complex twisting roads. You had to pick the one that matched the clue. Rather simple, but of course it was the first puzzle. From what I understand they varry greatly in style.

@ Rol, maybe.

So it's more along the lines of brain teasers then? I can get behind that :3

CIHYFS?

BCrayfish said:
So it's more along the lines of brain teasers then? I can get behind that :3

Right, that's Tago's style.  He likes to make you think, but they aren't going to be puzzles full of numbers and mental calculations.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
naznatips said:
RolStoppable said:
What a horrible trailer. Any chance this game is going to be released in Europe?

It's out today in Europe. Just as it is in America. And are you serious about the trailer being horrible?

Found nothing about an European release of the game. And yes, the trailer is horrible. I don't like that sort of trailer, full of cutscenes and little to no gameplay scenes. Doesn't give a good idea what the game is about.

A release on Sunday is impossible for Europe, that's why I doubted 10-Feb-08 for EU.

But there's even more evidence on a website of your home country, where they list it with 15-Feb-08:

http://www2.gameware.at/info/space/Professor+Layton+and+the+Curious+Village

Looks like it's really coming to EU this week. Great news for me.

EDIT: Nevermind, they listed the US version. Sorry. 

The adventure part of the game is point and click, ala Phoenix Wright. You tap stuff to investigate, talk to people, etc. So far it's really fun. I hope you guys get it in Europe.

I can see no reason Nintendo wouldn't publish it there. According to the manual in this game they are giving us the sequel regardless of sales hehe.

The second puzzle was matching a hand crank with the right slot on a machine.  These puzzles are going to be more Zack & Wiki style it seems.   

hmm, doesn't seem to be very fun game, despite the fact it's made by Level 5.

so I will skip it.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
hmm, doesn't seem to be very fun game, despite the fact it's made by Level 5.

so I will skip it.

Nothing on the DS seems to be a very fun game to you.  Funny how that works isn't it.  Strange coincidence only I'm sure.

On the official US site you can find a demo of Professor Layton and the curious village.
So you can try it and find if you are interest in it :
http://professorlaytonds.com/

I'm very excited about this game ( but I'm european so I must wait ... )

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.