By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers: “Wii U Owners Better Buy Ubisoft Games”

You sure bout that^?

Around the Network
czecherychestnut said:
RolStoppable said:
You've heard it, everyone. Buy Ubisoft games to show them that halfassed is good enough for you.

to be honest it seems like you have two choices, buy half-assed games (not that I agree with that actually) or get no third party games at all. And a half-assed game is still better than no game. Early on ps3 gamers had to put up with inferior ports but they still bought them, and as a result of that the third parties kept supporting the ps3 and the ports got better. not buying games you want because they're either not as good or later than on other consoles you don't own or don't support is just cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Yeah, either we get the multiplats that come out at the same time with missing features (besides Rayman Legends, but that could have been released to Wii U so much sooner), we get multiplats with cool features, but are over a year old (arkham city, deus ex).

I think Nintendo will always have this problem.

1doesnotsimply

Nintendoninja said:
I want Nintendo to succeed, but I'm going to buy what I think are the best games on the platform regardless of publisher. If Ubisoft publishes most of those purchased games, then it sounds like everyone wins. Still, it's ridiculous that Nintendo console owners are the only ones that have to "earn" third-party titles.

And they wonder why us major Nintendo fans kind of hate them, and tell others about how bad they are.

If a third party treated Nintendo's audience fairly, and hyped up their games for us, marketed them to us telling everyone why people should buy those games... Then obviously they would sell a lot better.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

It's not the customer's obligation to buy games that they don't really want.

It's up to the developers to create games that customers WANT to buy.

If customers want the product they will buy it.

It's like any other product in the world.

Nintendo fans: Don’t buy third-party games if they're gimped.

Things that need to die in 2016: Defeatist attitudes of Nintendo fans

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
mutantclown said:
RolStoppable said:

Then let's get this out upfront: Ubisoft's games suck, period. When they release games like AC3 that require a day 1 patch, then they are clearly not meeting the standards a Nintendo console owner has come to expect. I mean, it's a bit nonsensical to assume that equality is the bar that has to be met when the quality standards for Ubisoft games lack in general. Equally poor is still poor.

I had to LOL at this. 

You might laugh, but it's the truth. I was quite shocked when pezus and outlawauron confirmed to me that nowadays patches are the norm for pretty much every major game.

He's right to laugh. NSMBU, Nintendo Land and Pikmin 3 have all required patches, and for Pikmin 3 it was day one! And lets not even get into the OS, which after a large slow potentially bricking day one update and a second large update is still unfinished. The idea Nintendo is setting any standards in this respect is laughable.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

Lets put this into perspective using the PS3 as an example
Out of 2856 games only 368 broke the 500k mark.
Using the same logic people want to use with Wii U publishers shouldn't be supporting the console at all.
These games that bombed include games like
Crysis 3
Lollipop Chainsaw
Monster Hunter
3d Dot game Heroes
FF14
Lair
God of War sage and collection
War for Cybertron
Ratchet and Clank
Dead island
BlazBlue
Silent Hill Downpour
Silent Hill Homecoming
Ninja Gaiden 3
and over 2300 hundred others.
With an install base of 80million to boot

Now sure 3rd party games may look bad on Wii U when you act like every game is a million seller on PS3 but the FACTS of the matter is that they do not.
If a game selling 500k is a success with an install base of 80 millionis "good" then these companies have no right to complain that an install base of 4 million isn't buying a million copies of their games. Its certainly not happening on the other consoles.
Lets take Monster Hunter for example.
PS3 version has around 500k.
Wii U version is close behind
Why is one a failure and the other not?
Why do people want to act like its okay for PS3 gamers not to buy games but they are owed something but Wii U owners need to buy 1 million copies or its a complete flop.
Companies do not have the same bias most of you do. They understand that install bases will relate to game sales.
Activision at one point openly threatened to pull all support from PS3 and PSP because the prices were too high and install base was too low. They haven't done that to Nintendo yet though. Why not? Lets be honest. Most of you do not run any companies. If you did they wouldn't last long because you have unrealistic expectations.

Attache rates for the majority of games overall suck^

Hence rampant dlc implementation

mmm...If the firmware update is near that means a possible Nintendo Direct.

Has she not ever heard the phrase, the CUSTOMER is always right?

How about: Ubisoft BETTER make good games, or we won't buy them and make them bankrupt.