By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360: 6 Things it Does Better

I fear Home will be a huge dissapointment. I dont' want to seed doubt, but as I've always said, if Sony fans should have learned anything this generation, its that they shouldn't get too excited about anything before its out.

Around the Network

All that "360 has the best online functions bla bla bla" and it still doesn't even have a internet browser. Talk about missing basic functions. Both Wii and PS3 offer great online functions and they keep being improved all the time. I must add that Nintendo is kind of slacking behind again, let's hope it improves soon.

Nonetheless, both Nintendo and Sony offer people free online gaming and with that fact alone they beat the crap out live any day. Being kind enough to allow your customers to enjoy their game to the fullest without having hidden costs devides the companies that support and embrace gaming from the leeches.

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

[sarcasm] Another thing the X360 does better than the rest is make a noise like a hoover and heat up the room [\sarcasm]

Being serious though, the 360 does do online better than the PS3 - the saying "you get what you pay for" applies, shame it costs £40 a year though!

I am largely platform agnostic. I fail to understand why some people get overly fanboyish about what is an inanimate piece of electronics that's obsolete even before it's launched, when there are far more important things to champion, such as preventing environmental destruction or preventing millions of people dying unnecessarily from illnesses. This fact however, doesn’t mean I am not someone who doesn’t enjoy gaming as a pastime (as I have done for the last 20 years) or doesn’t have a strong interest in how the market is evolving – hence my presence on this site.

Platforms owned – PC, DS, X-Box 360, PS3, PSP and Wii.

I could make a list for all 3 consoles on what they do better than the others.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

DragonLord said:
I could make a list for all 3 consoles on what they do better than the others.

as long as you keep bias out of it, go ahead

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Well it dies better than the rest too. Can't forget that.

Man, Sony will try to mimic these features with the PS3.
I am 100% positive Sony is working on something that will counter-act most of those features.
One thing I really liked about 360 is they bundled a headset with the console.
Online matches have way more communication as opposed to PS3.
Hardly anyone has a mic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

The ONE I agree with is friend management. Its much easier to get a game going with your friends than on PS3, not sure about Wii.

I'd also add the achievements. I don't know about you but I have fun getting acheivements and it adds replay value to games.

The only things i think are better on Wii are the motion controls, and Party/fun/casual games.

PS3 gets about every other award though. Graphics, Superior technology, After 2008 PS3 will have better games than both consoles even if FF13 isn't out by 2008 (already better than wii though). Blu Ray is a given, both for the Disks and for Movies.

user interface? the XMB is far superior...

custom sound tracks.. some PS3 games have it and in-game XMB will be released sooner or later.

Digital downloads.. now thats a piss poor reason... of course a 500MB game will take longer then 150MB game to download. As for the auto-install, its there if you download your files individually.

Web. the PS3's and Wii's web browsers say hi. And HOME says im coming.

Truly a garbage list put together by the biased that is gamepro.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
user interface? the XMB is far superior...

custom sound tracks.. some PS3 games have it and in-game XMB will be released sooner or later.

Digital downloads.. now thats a piss poor reason... of course a 500MB game will take longer then 150MB game to download. As for the auto-install, its there if you download your files individually.

Web. the PS3's and Wii's web browsers say hi. And HOME says im coming.

Truly a garbage list put together by the biased that is gamepro.

Guess every gaming magazine and online editorial must be biased cuz all of them agreed that Live is better than both.

What are you looking at, nerd?