By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: Dedicated Fans Keeping Vita from Getting Shelved

I have 3 retail vita games and 30+ digital ones so i guess i'm a dedicated fan. looking forward to sony's third party productions,

there is a lot of vita games announced in japan that i'm interested.

Around the Network
Nem said:

I use my Vita everyday before going to bed. I might not always play games, but its a great device. I have been using it for skype aswell as i play DW8 and other games on PS3 with a friend and talk to him through the Vita with no need for any sort of headset. All this while sitting in the couch.

There are some pretty fun games aswell and the PSP digital games are incredibly cheap. If you missed something or didnt buy a PSP it perfect. All games go for around 7 euros. Vita games go from 15 to 35 euros. Its alot cheaper on the long term compared to the 3DS.

Not really no.

gooch_destroyer said:

and with so many indie games releasing in the coming months, there might soon be little to complain about.

I'll just leave this gem here, and let it speak for itself.

Anyhow, respect to the interviewee. He came across quite well in the quoted sections.

joeorc said:
irstupid said:
gooch_destroyer said:

PS Vita is now selling for about £70 less than this time last year, and the games are getting cheaper too, and we've got a Mega-Pack program, which is eight to ten games and a memory stick rolled in for free, and we've seen that as an attractive proposition.”

How in teh world can any company see that as good news?

That more sounds like a closeout sale than something someone would do for an ongoing business.  

I mean how much money are they losing on this Mega-Pack.  

How many games does that one consumer have to buy in order for Sony to start making money on them?

i do not think very much if any for Sony at this point to make Profit on the PSVita since the PSVita TV is the same hardware - some thing's like screen and touch pad and camera's, if anything they are most likely breaking even or even @ small profit with the PSVita hardware right now because they are using Arm Holding's Chips. just because you are giving away digital releases does not mean they are going to loose a ton of Money on the system. Many here keep looking at this as ..it must do this or that level, "right now" or its a failure.

yes the PSVita could do better, what product in the market could not do better? All products sell through is not going to be the same , if you think Sony would not want it to be better ? yeah they would like nothing better but groaning about its market performance is not going to do them eany good right now, they know what level of performance it takes for them to reach profit. and they are getting to that.

the Fact that they are still despite its performance of the system in the market, still striving to put more effort into the platform shows that they are just not going to up and quite the system. Market could decide that for them , but has not done that yet. and So they may be low man on the totem pole but atleast they still are selling unit's of the system. its still on the retail shelf and it also looks to be generating some profit to boot for them.

you have a business plan set aside for a products life cycle, Sony's for every playstation is 10 year's..Now if they reach that goal with a product that is the Question. So Far they have A: that Question, the PSVita is not a PSPGo, its doing far better than the PSPGo and that was pulled very quickly. And the PSVita is not. The fact that Sony see's this means they are taking the long haul Like they have done with every Playstation platform. the PSVita is no different.

Right now Sony know the comp. is stiff, but yet they also know that mobile devices as a whole are looked as to be connected to the living room Hub, there was a reason why Mark Cerny was set to head development for the PSVita and PS4.. he knows his stuff, yes that does not mean that Mark or his team or Sony cannot fail at the task at hand it just means they are up for the challenge to try to make a product that can sell and make the company money.

and since the PSVita is not the same loss leading platform as the PS3 was , i think there is less of a problem in generating profits from the PSVita as it was for the PS3.

The vita is doing none of these things.

He should've interviewed someone from the official vita thread ain't we like the biggest group out there.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network

Well if Sony wants more of our money and expand the Vita base. Then they should help localize those most requested games from Japan and play through the strength that made the PSP a successful product. I mean talking is great but actions are more awesome.

happydolphin said:
Nem said:

I use my Vita everyday before going to bed. I might not always play games, but its a great device. I have been using it for skype aswell as i play DW8 and other games on PS3 with a friend and talk to him through the Vita with no need for any sort of headset. All this while sitting in the couch.

There are some pretty fun games aswell and the PSP digital games are incredibly cheap. If you missed something or didnt buy a PSP it perfect. All games go for around 7 euros. Vita games go from 15 to 35 euros. Its alot cheaper on the long term compared to the 3DS.

If I wanted FF4 the complete collection on the Vita, would I be able to get it for 7 euros?

Nevermind, I found it here at 19.99$.

If you were keeping an eye out, they usually have discounts for squeenix games. Its been going for 9.99 a couple of times.

Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
Nem said:

Not really no.

It totally is. At least in europe.

And i can say this with all certainty as i have both systems. I dont buy nearly as many 3DS games cause they never drop in price.

BlowoverKing said:

Well I've shown my support for the console, now it's time for Sony to kick it up a notch.

i have 5 more

Nem said:
Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
Nem said:

Not really no.

It totally is. At least in europe.

And i can say this with all certainty as i have both systems. I dont buy nearly as many 3DS games cause they never drop in price.

Europe isnt that far in the shitter where you cant find good deals on quality 3DS games.

The eshop is a bit hefty though.