By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - if ps3 outsells 360 how big will it make the gap?

if the ps3 ever outsells 360 how much do you think it will outsell it for,do you think it will be big enough for developers to continue to release big exclusives for it?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

I think it's pretty clear that there's no big advantage in releasing PS3 or 360 exclusives during this generation. None of these two consoles will gain a big sales advantage over the other one, and they're so similar that designing a game for both consoles is simple enough.

Some developers might do it due to bonuses from Microsoft or Sony, and some developers might do it because they don't have the resources to do a port, but in the general case, I think it's safe to say that we'll continue to see many PS360 games.

PS: However, the 360 will probably continue to have the advantage of more PC game ports.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

^hm yeah but thats if none of them make a huge gap in between,which i think noe of them will make it though so you are correct

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

This is very important question when you think HD consolewar between PS3 and Xbox 360. If PS3 manages to outsell 360, does it really matter? Will that make big difference?

I'm not sure will PS3 outsell 360. This year might be the most important year (especially for PS3), when prices drop and big games come out. If PS3 don't beat 360 easily, I don't think it will ever pass 360.

I don't bother listing my last-gen games (PS2, Xbox, GC) to my collection cause there's too many of them. ;)

It's a close call, considering these two monsters are going to be close with numbers at the end. So I think regardless of what the numbers look like, developers are going to support both formats.

Currently Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii), Halo 3 (X360), Brain Age (NDS), Pokemon Diamond (NDS), Warhawk (PS3) 

Around the Network

Well, if it's not even 100% certain that the PS3 will even overtake the 360, there's no way anyone will be able to do an accurate prediction of how many it will outsell it by.

The PS3 needs to really kick the 360's collective ass this year to have any chance of overtaking it before we are WELL into the next generation of consoles.

I hope the 360 really holds its own this year, forcing Sony to use every bit of its decreased PS3 production costs and PS2 profits to provide price cuts. This way, when FFXIII Versus rolls around, I can buy a PS3 at a relatively cheap price.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

There won't be a very big gap between the two by the end of this year, of that much I'm certain. But I don't think we'll see big differences (bigger than current ones anyways) until the end of this gen.
It is also quite obvious that MS will be out of the gate before Sony next generation as well, so Sony need to start moving hardware in a big way before the gen expires, since; basically the two others make up the rules this gen. Sony is just tagging along, shedding costs as they go.

I think Microsoft knows they are at a very important stage right now. They will do a LOT to consolidate the 360's lead in the USA this year, and i think we will see big moves in the Other's nations as well. I think the PS3 will close the gap this year, but not by as much as Mummelmann's signature implies.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

very big

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!