By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IYO what are the best game console graphics to date

Far cry : vengeance

Proud owner of a Wii, a Xbox360 and a PS3 (...two PS3's...)

My main brawl characters

Now playing:

wii:Super smash bros. brawl, The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess
ps3: Guitar hero 3,4,5. Rock Band 1,2. Resistance 2
Xbox360:Nhl2k9, Mass Effect, MW2, Halo 3.

Around the Network

Rogue Squadron II
Illin.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island...

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Am i allowed to say halo 3?

FJ-Warez said:

hitoriki said:
For me the most important thing in graphics is style, so my top 3 for this gen is

metroid prime 3 corruption

bioshock

super mario galaxy

believe me, in twenty years this games will still lock good, while games as crysis or uncharted will lock very dated

Super mario galaxy

Bioshock

Metroid prime 3 Corruption

Uncharted crushes Metroid and Galaxy graphics wise, I haven't played Bioshock, so....

Around the Network

uncharted and bioshock ofr graphics
but okami had the best art direction in a game

wiiforever said:
kingofwale said:
another vote for Uncharted. if you own a PS3, it should be the first game you buy.

Uncharted's graphics arn't that good. I've played it and there above average but not the best of teh best I would have to say. MAybe COD4

Aren't that good? You're joking right? I guess Crysis graphics are ONLY good to you?

CoD 4 , but when you are talking about graphics do you take in consideration only polygon counts or art design and style too. If so I would take mario galaxy and metroid over looks anytime over CoD 4 or even crysis for that matter. I would choose these because they make me say wow more than the 1 or 2 times I say wow for the realism in those other games. I choose these games because they are colorful and just nice to look at. I usually overlook graphics in shooters like CoD 4 because you barely worry about looking at stuff rather than killing people. That is why I think are design>polygon count realism and high resolutions. So if you are not taking into consideration art design then CoD 4 ,but if you are then Mario Galaxy/Metroid Prime 3.

Uncharted or Bioshock or Ratchet and Clank PS3.

myspace.com/neorayj

Gears of War definitely rates a mention. I'm looking forward to Project Offset though.