By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bayonetta 2 vs Final Fantasy XV announcement reactions show some double standards.

same shit for mario kart 8 wtf why no wii owners are pissed it's not on the wii, it sold 30 some mill on it nintendo hating on wii owners again

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
badgenome said:
Or most people who have a PS3 are planning on getting a PS4, so they aren't missing out on anything.

even if the entirity of ps3 owners had the intention to upgrade, most of them do it after 3 years of the console release. that's a lot of people waiting far longer than they should, to play a game that should be on the previous system. 

People aren't upset FFXV is going to be a next gen exclusive, just like how people aren't upset that Killzone Shadow Fall or inFamous Second Son is going to be a next gen exclusive.

You're not making a whole lot of sense.

pokoko said:
badgenome said:
Or most people who have a PS3 are planning on getting a PS4, so they aren't missing out on anything.

That was cruel.  You shouldn't break the OP in the second comment, it's just inconsiderate.

On a side note, I love how "a few die-hard fans complaining online" turns into  "immense backslash".  I'm sorry, but only a relatively few people care about Bayonetta.  The exaggeration of that response is the only thing "immense" about it.

Given that immense bitterness on the part of Sony and or Microsoft fans is still the predominant discourse about Bayonetta 2 pretty much anywhere you find discussion on Bayonetta 2 that doesn't have a strong moderation policy (here we largely keep it contained, TVTropes is stricter and their thread is quite civil, but head on over to GameFAQs, damn.) demonstrates that more people cared about it than the game's sales would suggest.

That said, this thread is pretty silly.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

chapset said:
same shit for mario kart 8 wtf why no wii owners are pissed it's not on the wii, it sold 30 some mill on it nintendo hating on wii owners again

Win

Those people complaining are in the minority, nobody honestly cares about bayonetta2....

Around the Network

If it was announced on XBox alone it would have been (FF13 multiplatform + Bayonetta 2 exclusive)x100 rage. It isn't a Nintendo thing. It's just that most of the people anticipating FF15 will buy a PS4/One anyway.

Using this mentality, there should've been decades of backlash every time a sequel is announced on a new platform. It would've helped to think this argument through a bit more thoroughly before posting.

I plan on buying both a PS4 and X1 so either way I'll be getting Final Fantasy XV.

LilChicken22 said:
cbarroso09 said:
badgenome said:

i don't think the 50 millions plus people are going to ditch their 3 years old PS3 for another one more expensive for just a few games.

Because Bayo 2 and some other games are the only games coming for Wii U...EVER. Production of games stops after Bayo 2.

i am talking about PS4 not Wii U. 

MohammadBadir said:
pokoko said:
badgenome said:

That was cruel.  You shouldn't break the OP in the second comment, it's just inconsiderate.

On a side note, I love how "a few die-hard fans complaining online" turns into  "immense backslash".  I'm sorry, but only a relatively few people care about Bayonetta.  The exaggeration of that response is the only thing "immense" about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkUBfD5SCqU

Well, not much I can say there.  There had to be well over a dozen comments in that video!  Immense blacklash indeed!

Dude, look, I understand, you want it to be a big deal so that it seems like a big win for Nintendo, but let's be realistic about this.  While I actually DO think it's a nice win for Nintendo, how many people do you think were honestly upset by this?  Most people who played it probably don't even know about the switch.  I guess that a large chunk of the negative comments were just fanboys looking for a reason to flame and, even then, a few hundred or even a few thousand people online complaining isn't a big deal by any stretch of the immagination.  Of course, more than a few of those comments were directed at Sega for failing to publish Bayonetta 2 and are quite justified.