By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - First Forza Motorsport 5 Japanese Preview from Tokyo Game Show Laments Severe Visual Degradation from E3 Build

allblue said:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rdG81jhSie8&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DrdG81jhSie8

Somebody embed this video for me.

I do hope the cloud will bring in much needed visual touches to this game.

What's wrong with the lighting in this video?  It's like the sun is there and then disappears.  Not talking about when the person is driving towards the sun, what I mean is even when the person was driving away from the sun, you saw all the lighting on the ground keep disappearing and reappearing.

*edit*

Watch starting at 1:20.  I know there's a large hill to the right, but it wouldn't make the lighting flash repeatedly.  Part of the landscape would have shadow, part wouldn't.  Or maybe this could have been an issue with the tv the game was playing on.

Around the Network

kupomogli said:

What's wrong with the lighting in this video?  It's like the sun is there and then disappears.  Not talking about when the person is driving towards the sun, what I mean is even when the person was driving away from the sun, you saw all the lighting on the ground keep disappearing and reappearing.

This video have some kind of guitch in the lighting... seems to have a lot of jaggies but well can be the YouTube quality... the rearview I'm sure it is a bug... no way it can be that way.

But again... the YouTube video with that quality can't be prove for nothing... downgrade or not.

ethomaz said:

J_Allard said:

I don't think you understand what defensive means. What am I defending here, the honor of Digital Foundry or something? You harp on this article a lot so I just wanted to know what you're reading.

From that very article you linked:

Crytek told them it was 1080p, they didn't confirm anything
They said it was almost surely running 1080p, again, no confirmation of anything

And these games were running on Xbones at E3. Everyone except Jonathan Blow knows this.

Again there are no confirmation about Xbone games running in real Xbone at E3... the only article is that that I linked you, the same that says that KI and Ryse are 1080p.

And Crytek said the game was running at 1080p maybe because the game was running at 1080p at E3 in target devkits... same for Killer Instinct... after they ported to real Xbone devkits they have to sacrifice something.

There is an analogy hidden, somewhere deep down...

walsufnir said:

But Deep Down was always running in a PC before... I don't know... Gamescom? We know even the specs... Core i7 + GTX 570 + 16GB RAM.

The people make jokes about the 180 because almost every PR that MS spread turned to be not true... so a 180... the difference from Sony for now (at least... seems like Sony did a lot of PR bull at PS3 time too) that said how they games are running and now the games started to get deep upgrade.

ethomaz said:

walsufnir said:

But Deep Down was always running in a PC before... I don't know... Gamescom? We know even the specs... Core i7 + GTX 570 + 16GB RAM.

The people make jokes about the 180 because almost every PR that MS spread turned to be not true... so a 180... the difference from Sony for now (at least... seems like Sony did a lot of PR bull at PS3 time too) that said how they games are running and now the games started to get deep upgrade.

Oh you know many believed Deep Down in february was running on PS4 and it was obvious it wasn't!

Around the Network

walsufnir said:

Oh you know many believed Deep Down in february was running on PS4 and it was obvious it wasn't!

Sony didn't have even real PS4 devkits at that time... the devkits where a AMD CPU + dGPU instead a APU

Deep Down still looks gordeous on PS4... the ingame battle against the Dragon in TGS showing the time freeze magic was really impressive... I think the coop big battle will be a seller point in this game.

ethomaz said:

walsufnir said:

Sony didn't have even real PS4 devkits at that time... the devkits where a AMD CPU + dGPU instead a APU

Deep Down still looks gordeous on PS4... the ingame battle against the Dragon in TGS showing the time freeze magic was really impressive... I think the coop big battle will be a seller point in this game.

Yes, for only $1 every time you want to play co-op! :D f2p ftw. Really, I am still not into deep down. But I will give it a try, for sure.

ethomaz said:

J_Allard said:

Why do you keep posting this as fact?

DF said Ryse was 1080p "according to Crytek staff", and they said Killer Instinct is "almost certainly" pushing 1080p. They never confirmed either ran at 1080p.

Just because trolls on GAF claim something, it doesn't make it true if you post it somewhere else.

Unless you're talking about some other article than their E3 Xbone game by game breakdown. In which case I'll ask again, please share.

Why so defensive?

The same article that says that the games are running in real Xbone units at E3 says the Ryse and Killer Instinct was running at 1080p... I just pointed that the article said a lot of thing wrong so I won't get that like a "confirmation" that at E3 the games are running in Xbone units.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-hands-on-with-xbox-one

Says a lot of things wrong how? You and I both know that RYSE and Killer Instinct for months after E3 were always said to be 1080p. Just because 3-4 weeks ago that chnged doesn't make the article wrong all of sudden.

It really is time to get off your high horse because it is clear many people have issues trying to discuss things with you because of a certain agenda.

walsufnir said:

Yes, for only $1 every time you want to play co-op! :D f2p ftw. Really, I am still not into deep down. But I will give it a try, for sure.

I read about the F2P think after my ban... personally I don't have anything against F2P games... how the company manage this F2P is the key word here and we know Capcom was not a good company with their consumers in the late times

MB1025 said:

Says a lot of things wrong how? You and I both know that RYSE and Killer Instinct for months after E3 were always said to be 1080p. Just because 3-4 weeks ago that chnged doesn't make the article wrong all of sudden.

It really is time to get off your high horse because it is clear many people have issues trying to discuss things with you because of a certain agenda.

I just give you a hint... MS never said KI or Ryse was running at 1080p... DF itself created this "fact"... and MS said KI always ran at that resolution, even at E3... Ryse I don't know.

I'm saying that what DF said didn't prove anything... they are debunked in a lot of things about Xbone.