By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - First Forza Motorsport 5 Japanese Preview from Tokyo Game Show Laments Severe Visual Degradation from E3 Build

tuscaniman99 said:
Why is a offscreen 720p compressed YouTube video being used to judge graphics? I can find terrible videos for every next gen game on YouTube.

Care to explain disappearing details from the rare view mirror buddy?

Intel core i7 930 OC @ 4.0 ghz

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

Triple channel DDR 3 12gb RAM 1600 MHz

Around the Network
tuscaniman99 said:
Why is a offscreen 720p compressed YouTube video being used to judge graphics? I can find terrible videos for every next gen game on YouTube.

Nice Youtube comments, Now I know what kind of person you are ^^

JoeTheBro said:
allblue said:
tuscaniman99 said:

Yeah sure of course there's always an excuse. I smiled looking at your butthurt comments on YouTube. "GayZone" really? That's the level of sophistication you can come up with in your insults?

God bless.

Holly molly I thought you were joking.

Didnt turkish get banned for something similar? when he did that Metacritic thing?

The game was being played 2 days ago in Boston on real Xbox Ones and it is fine. The build in Japan was the same one being played a few weeks ago at PAX. That build was never reported as being lower quality and everyone saw the videos from PAX.

Also Digital Foundry already confirmed that Forza 5 along with a few other games were on actual XB1 hardware at E3.

Th3 butt0ks ha5 spok3n !

Around the Network

The game looks great to me.

But well... i'm not so much fan of racing games.

MB1025 said:
Also Digital Foundry already confirmed that Forza 5 along with a few other games were on actual XB1 hardware at E3.

While I'm not saying this news is true my point is that DF is not reliable anymore (at least Leaderbead) because they confirmed Killer Instinct and Ryse in 1080p at E3 too running on actual Xbone.

Anybody else having problems using the quote feature in Windows 8? Damn Microsoft.

Wright said:

TGS 2013: First Forza Motorsport 5 Japanese Preview from Tokyo Game Show Laments Severe Visual Degradation from E3 Build

Source: dualshockers.com

Forza Motorsport 5 was exhibited at Tokyo Game Show, exposed to the Japanese press, and we know that the Japanese are big petrolheads. They love their car games. So I was quite interested in reading their previews of the game expecting high praise considering what I saw myself at Gamescom.

The first preview is now out, ran by the popular and quite respected website Game Watch and it’s very different from what I expected.

The writer, Seiji Nakamura, laments a severe visual downgrade from what he experienced at E3. The gist of the problem is that in the Forza 5 corner of the Microsoft booth things looked so bad that the monitors seemed badly adjusted. Aliasing and jaggies were standing out.

In the Forza 5 press room the situation was even worse, with the picture quality defined as “rough” like what you’d see if the output was 720p, with a definite visual degradation from the E3 version.

Nakamura-san continues by saying that the quality simply wasn’t the same as the original Forza 5, and the version he tried at Tokyo Game Show did not reach the level of the screenshots of the game at all. He actually asked a the Japanese product manager for the game about the problem, and all he was told is that the folks at Microsoft are aware of the problem.

Before you think that Nakamura-san may be biased because he’s Japanese and Forza 5 is a Xbox One exclusive, moving past the graphical mishaps he actually gave quite high praise to the gameplay and the simulation quality.

The previous preview of the E3 build of the game on Game Watch, written by Nakamura-san himself, was also definitely glowing with praise. I’ll just tell you that its title was “The world’s ultimate racing game: Forza Motorsport 5″. That’s obviously not what someone biased against the game or the platform would write.

LOL!

Showing games on high powered PC's does catch up to you. I've suspected for ages and have stated many times that everything MS have shown for the X180 has been the PC versions. They might show an X180 with the joypad wire going to the box but your actually playing the PC version which is hidden. This is especially true of BF4 and Titanfall and now looks like Forza too. You can only keep the facade up for so long!

Turn 10 on GAF confirmed the demo is the same showed at Gamescom and PAX. They believes that it was more a issue with television than the game but they didn't have any Turn 10 employee at TGS to see what happened for sure.